Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectfirst of all, I supposedly 'took my toys and went home' because
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2592515&mesg_id=2593322
2593322, first of all, I supposedly 'took my toys and went home' because
Posted by AFKAP_of_Darkness, Sun Aug-28-11 12:39 AM
I deliberately made a lightweight post to kill time on a Friday afternoon and once the time was sufficiently killed, I literally left the post and went home. But I actually left the toys behind for anybody who wanted to play with them.

There's no grand agenda being pushed here. Just a passing observation, as was made pretty clear in the skeletal nature of the original post.

You'll notice that after a certain point, I dropped out of the post completely and didn't come back till later. I didn't even see your post about the Bar-Kays and I have no idea what you're talking about.

That being said AGAIN, this was not about who used a synth bass in record first or anything like that. Obviously "Flashlight" came before all these and Stevie was using synth bass before that.

It was about a particular early 80s minimalist sound sometimes known as the "bounce" sound. If that was not made abundantly clear to you, maybe that's my failing (I don't know how that could be as I made that clear even in the sketchy OP). But maybe it would have made sense for you to ask for clarification as OP and MONOTONE and Claw did instead of coming to the post with an accusatory attitude.

EDIT: I just realized that I actually replied to the post where you mentioned the Bar-Kays. My bad... I thought you meant it was something you said earlier, before I came back.

Anyway... No. Just no. I don't know how the fuck you call "Holy Ghost" a bounce record. It's not even close.