Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectPlease go back and read through the responses.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2592515&mesg_id=2593316
2593316, Please go back and read through the responses.
Posted by AFKAP_of_Darkness, Sun Aug-28-11 12:12 AM
>...you "wondered" why Roger garnered more credit than Vaughn
>Mason. then did a 180 and later said "what i was actually
>referring to was..." some shit about synth bass." no where do
>u say that in your OP.

I deliberately left the OP open-ended because many of my posts where I state my agenda outright from the beginning turn to big clusterfucks. Not that I have a problem with that per se, but I didn't have the time or energy for that on Friday.

I was looking to unfurl the argument based on the responses to the post and was doing so with MONOTONE and OP before AD came in and derailed the shit with his special brand of insanity.

even crediting Vaughn with "changing
>the sound" of funk is misguided cuz, well...he didn't. as i
>said in my earlier post you giving him credit when i heard the
>man himself say he ripped off someone else. how much sense
>does that make? i'm speaking factually. u? speculatin' as
>usual w/o fact.

Speculation is not a sin. My post was about musical examination and not so-called "fact." It's a way of making myself and others *think* about music analytically. I'm not trying to write a Vaughan Mason biography.

That said, Mason ripped off Chic's "Good Times" COMPOSITIONALLY and my post had less to do with composition than it was about the SOUND of Funk. The synth-bass, with the clap coupled with a certain minimalism that was not really present in "Flashlight."

Just read the fucking posts before you get in my face with your aggressive gotcha-ism. I have a hard time understanding why you assholes get so up in arms with a nigger just throwing questions out there. You don't agree with me? Fine... Say it. But why does it have to turn to a bloodsport every time it involves AFKAP?

Fuckin' bamma.

there were other songs that were better at
>what you've been "wondering" about regarding the changing
>sound of funk. but for some reason you fixated on a one-hit
>wonder who knows he got over. lol!

What does him being a one-hit wonder have to do with anything? I'm not talking about the scope of his career or calling him a "genius" (as that other bamma AD tried to move the goalpost to talk about). There have been many, many, many, many one-hit wonders that have changed the course of music... So what's your point?

That being said, "Jammin' BIg Guitar" was a moderate hit too.