Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectI have to co-sign the classic status of Confessions
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2540291&mesg_id=2540546
2540546, I have to co-sign the classic status of Confessions
Posted by jvictoria, Thu Apr-21-11 09:44 PM

I feel like a target doing it because I feel like black women were the audience, but...it was my jam in a way that My Life wasn't.

My Life was some beautiful shit & we all felt Mary when she was going through her shit with K-Ci and whatnot. But I can't pop that in the ride and play it just on GP like I can with Confessions. I can still hear a song from Confessions and it takes me right back to the last time I heard it. The Supermodel song, Can You Handle It - I rarely fast forward through anything on that album. Which was not the case for Here I Stand or Raymond V. Raymond or any of the other shitty Usher albums I bought or copied on a mixtape.

It was really Usher at the height of his music-making abilities, I think. Mary still had some growing to do and she didn't do it until later. I mean My Life was a beautiful moment, but it's played now. I might even say it's more played than Share My World. At least when I listen to that I don't want to find the Henny and start drinking.