Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: what could be more off the wall than calling LC "very hard rock"?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2538738&mesg_id=2539165
2539165, RE: what could be more off the wall than calling LC "very hard rock"?
Posted by c71, Mon Apr-18-11 05:10 PM
>ah...so I don't get to make comparisons, but YOU do. Got it.
>
I didn't say making comparisons was wrong at all. YOU were saying that I, by saying Vernon should have been in the doc 'cause Vernon and LC def were peers, that I should have said 24-7 Spyz because Spyz were closer.

That is what made me take issue with the comparison issue. BECAUSE I WASN'T SAYING 'LC IS SO CLOSE TO FISHBONE THEREFORE VERNON IS THE ULTIMATE FISHBONE PEER/ANALYST, ETC.'"

>( and I find it very odd that you're talking about Hard Core
>Punk, but bring up Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath...)
>

I mentioned punk and hardcore and zep and sabbath to bring to mind that I have a wide appreciation for different angles of hard music. Not just a "I heard some Van Halen songs before" reference to hard music. Again, I don't know why you think that my mentioning Zep and sabbath after I mentioned punk and Hardcore meant that I was at a loss to mention punk hardcore bands. but that's again your Lesson-esque grasping for smoking guns or something.