Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectThursday 21 April with set list
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2535751&mesg_id=2546202
2546202, Thursday 21 April with set list
Posted by Rolo_Tomasi, Mon May-09-11 09:56 AM
I went to the Thursday 21 April show at the Forum. It was my fourth time in the last few years to see Prince and each time he has been brilliant. This has included two shows at the 02 arena in London and then the Saturday night headliner spot at Coachella.

I think this was my favourite show, also helped by me having a great seat.

Prince is the musical master, no-one should be able to dance like him at 53 years old, the man has moves. And the best guitarist currently alive, anyone want to argue with that?

He wasn't getting the sound he wanted for Little Red Corvette (one of my all time faves) so on the fly he got the audience to participate getting call and response from the male/female crowd. It was awesome.

The man has so many hits, its kind of fun that he'll play one of his best known tracks for 30 seconds but c'mon playing the track in full would be so much better. I don't mind if we are there for five hours! Oh an Sheila E, wow on every level.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/prince/2011/the-forum-inglewood-ca-63d3966f.html
When Eye Lay My Hands On U
(with Faith Evans & Missy Elliot)
Crimson & Clover
(With Wild Thing interpolation)
Take Me With U
Guitar
Anotherloverholenyohead
(With Rock Lobster coda)
Shhh
Mountains
Everyday People
(Sly & The Family Stone cover)
The Glamorous Life
(Sheila E. cover) (With Sheila E.)
Nothing Compares 2 U
Raspberry Beret
Cream
Cool
(The Time cover) (with Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' interpolation)
Let's Work
U Got The Look
Let's Go Crazy
Delirious
Little Red Corvette
Encore:
Purple Rain
Encore 2:
When Doves Cry / Hot Thing / Nasty Girl / Black Sweat / Sign 'O The Times / The Most Beautiful Girl In The World / Darling Nikki / Forever In My Life / I Would Die 4 U
(Sampler medley)
Kiss
Encore 3:
Controversy