Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectThis isn't specific to Hip Hop
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2535407&mesg_id=2535656
2535656, This isn't specific to Hip Hop
Posted by Luke Cage, Fri Apr-08-11 01:15 AM
I guess I see your point but Metal has had some of those same things you pointed out about Hip Hop long before Hip Hop existed. So did Punk and Rock N Roll. If this type of attitude or behavior annoys you that's one thing but you can't act like Hip Hop introduced that type of mentality to the masses because that's just not true. This just reminds me of when my uncles would get together to complain about "nigga shit". Basically how fucked up niggas are and how we do shit that nobody else does when the reality is if you pull back and really look at things objectively EVERY group has some of the same things going on in some segment of their community. Metal fans have long named themselves after their favorite bands. I know a ton of white dudes with tats of their favorite bands, plenty of dudes name their kids after their favorite rock hero (how many little white kids are named Elvis or Lennon?) and let's be real...can you say that anyone in Hip Hop is more fanatical about their music or music artists than rock fans? White folks made up the term "Rock God", "Guitar God", etc. I just don't see how you can act like this is something specific to Hip Hop. If having a Wu Tang tat makes you immature and a "retard" then why doesn't having a Ramones or Sex pistols tat?