Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectwe eye to eye OP
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2535407&mesg_id=2535437
2535437, we eye to eye OP
Posted by __Spread__, Thu Apr-07-11 12:32 PM
bitchery is at an all-time high

I mean A&R types these days will ask you before you even let hem hear a note of music "So what's your STORY? Because if you don't have a good one we can't market you."

I think its partially due to the fact that the physical recorded medium is making no $$$ for the record companies now, so they sell an artists personal life and legend because music itself isn't the commodity it used to be.

The Lowest Common Denominator of society has always been a visual culture, whereas music speaks on a deeper level, and most just don't go that deep anymore...The eyes deceive and that's why people have grown to accept and love the bullshit.

I mean I was always insulted by shows like "making of the band" and all that...it was like the industry just going "look, this is what we really do...take marginally talented people that have "the look" and polish their terds into the "music" you fools buy from us."
and people eat the shit up..."yea so and so can't sing for shit but she is the cutest one on the show and is so nice...I hope she gets a record deal"

ok...i'm gonna leave this post alone before I start getting even more bitter...