Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectI Always Tell People To Seperate The Artist From Their Music
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2535407&mesg_id=2535434
2535434, I Always Tell People To Seperate The Artist From Their Music
Posted by Dj Joey Joe, Thu Apr-07-11 12:29 PM
The reason why I say this is cause most artists don't live up to what their music is about especially when it comes to content, with r&b artists more than half of their music isn't written by them or has similar personal views as them, it's just music for the listener, even when it comes to gospel/christian music you'll be surprised that those artists are not always as relegious as you think they are.

Anyway, with rap music, how many of us should truely believe every thing & story a rapper rhymes about, maybe when you're young you probably believe it but as you get older or just start to realize and put two & two together, it's no way 90% of the rappers are living the lives they portray in their fantasy world of hood-rich glamour, glitz, and downs & outs that they so-call get into daily.

I think what happens is we get into becoming a fan of certain artists and soon get wrapped up in their personal lives when they're on a good track but as soon as it gets rocky we can't let go that bond that ties them to their music when it should've never been there to begin with but that's how some artists become celebrities and bigger than their music.