Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectContext.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2535407&mesg_id=2535432
2535432, Context.
Posted by , Thu Apr-07-11 12:21 PM
Not sure if this strays too far from your point, but personally, I have always struggled with context, especially when it comes songs vs music videos. Music videos often provide a visual context for an artist. For instance. There are songs I would have hated, but after seeing the artist's video, I got hooked on the song. I believe this is due to a visual connection. I am relating this as I could be led to believe that SEEING an artist who's music you didn't enjoy initially, whether they are interviewed or simply in a music video, might change the way you listen to the music the next to you hear it. Based on the visualization and context you recall of the artist. The same works in reverse. I've really enjoyed songs, until I see the video or perhaps hear an interview with the artist, and that ruins the experience of listening to that song in the future.

My apologizes, as I'm prob not explaining this well. Perhaps I'll come and reply with a more thought out response.

lurkin since 1999. werd.