Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: a lot of the 90's Alt-Rock bands...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2533106&mesg_id=2533251
2533251, RE: a lot of the 90's Alt-Rock bands...
Posted by howisya, Fri Apr-01-11 06:04 PM
>I'd settle for a GH from Soundgarden

that's another band i could've said above if i thought of it. i've had 'a-sides' since 1997. i know i should at least get 'superunknown,' but i just haven't yet.

>Nirvana, and Oasis.

i like nirvana but rarely ever listen to their albums. i wouldn't say their singles are the only essential songs from them, but i hear them so often that it's as much nirvana as i can take. i got their last 2 studio albums for $2.50 a piece used long ago, so they were worth that. i kept waiting to find oasis' albums for the same price but never did. i love their radio songs from the first 2 albums but never wanted a greatest hits album, just 'morning glory.' last year i found their album of b-sides from that era, 'the masterplan,' brand new for under $5, so i got it, and i've been listening to it a lot. it's great to hear peak oasis songs that are new to me, and it's a very strong album even without being a "real" album. so now i have to get more from them.