Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectwell we got a release date woohoo
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2531711&mesg_id=2559269
2559269, well we got a release date woohoo
Posted by chinyre, Sun Jun-12-11 12:52 PM

i really cant wait for this

http://www.pitchfork.com/news/42784-thundercat-reveals-flying-lotus-produced-lp/

MP3: Thundercat: "Daylight"

The bass-playing Los Angeles native Stephen Bruner, who records as Thundercat, has had a truly varied career. He's done session and tour work for people like Snoop Dogg and Eric Benet, he's been a member of a boy band that scored a hit in Germany, and he's played with mookish hardcore legends Suicidal Tendencies. (Actually, he's still a member of Suicidal Tendencies.) Last year, Thundercat contributed to Cosmogramma, the spaced-out bass music masterwork from Flying Lotus. And on August 30, FlyLo's Brainfeeder label will release Thundercat's solo album The Golden Age of Apocalypse-- produced entirely by FlyLo.

Erykah Badu contributes to the album, as do members of SA-RA Creative Partners and J*Davey, pianist Austin Peralta, and Thundercat's drummer brother Ronald Bruner, Jr. One of the album's tracks, a cover of George Duke's "For Love I Come", recently ended up in our Best New Tracks section. Another, "Daylight", is above. We've got the album's tracklist below. And Thundercat also has a few shows coming up with FlyLo, so we've got those listed out as well.

The Golden Age of Apocalypse:

01 HooooooO
02 Daylight
03 Fleer Ultra
04 Is It Love?
05 For Love I Come
06 It Really Doesn't Matter to You
07 Jamboree
08 Boat Cruise
09 Seasons
10 Goldenboy
11 Walkin'
12 Mystery Machine (The Golden Age of Apocalypse)
13 Return to the Journey

Thundercat:

06-20 New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom *
06-22 Brooklyn, NY - Music Hall Of Williamsburg *
06-23 Los Angeles, CA - The Music Box *
06-24 San Francisco, CA - 103 Harriet *

* with Flying Lotus

Posted by Tom Breihan on June 9, 2011 at 10 a.m.

Tags: Thundercat, Flying Lotus, Collaboration, Audio, New Releases

HIDE ARTICLE ←