Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectoh, miss me with that bullshit, will you?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2523755&mesg_id=2524773
2524773, oh, miss me with that bullshit, will you?
Posted by AFKAP_of_Darkness, Mon Mar-14-11 04:27 AM
>While race is the topic....what's with that sig? I've known
>plenty nerds that are a generation or two from a distinctive
>african ancestry. What kind of crap is that?
>
>You like your white people apologizing and condescending. Not
>me.

If you know anything about me and the views I've expressed on this board for the past 10 years, you'd know I am the diametrical opposite of that.

The sig in my quote is by a white man (duh) and he's simply (and cleverly) encapsulating the notion that America's unique notion of "hipness" is rooted in the cultural complexities resulting from the trans-atlantic slave trade. I think it is quite apt... however, if you want to start picking it apart in literal terms, be my guest. I just don't understand why any person of wit would do that.

Finally... The reason I cal you willfully ignorant is because you have a habit of coming into posts to make some definitive pronouncements like "Michael Jackson is gay and Human Nature is evidence of that" and I'm thinking "wow... this kid must have done that super-heavy research or have some inside source," just to find out that all you have is your opinion--and not even one that is at least nominally supported by any objective evidence, or that is even reconcilable with known facts (eg the fact that MJ didn't write "Human Nature" and the straight man who did write it didn't write it with him in mind).

Or your hilariously ignorant arguments in the Fela/JB thread (which I've already alluded to) which did not so much upset me as they amused me. (Comparing Fela to Osadebe as an example of "NIgerian music before James Brown"? I'm like--what?)

I mean, right here in this discussion, you could have said "I don't think the Jacksons wrote these songs because _______" and it would have been cool... But instead, you come in saying "THEY DIDN'T WRITE THEM! Anybody who thinks otherwise, including those who have inside sources and have written extensively about such things? Those people are fools! My ears tell me that they didn't write them because they were not songwriters!"

(Never mind that you admit you have no Jacksons compositions from the same period with which to compare the songs stylistically... but hey: you have EARS!)

(The same ears that told you Stephen Osita Osadebe represents "the sound of Nigerian music before James Brown")

Yup... Willfully, arrogantly ignorant.