Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjecti kinda understand what you're saying but i really don't.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2520159&mesg_id=2520392
2520392, i kinda understand what you're saying but i really don't.
Posted by Aeon, Fri Mar-04-11 04:07 PM
i aint talking about leasing the project.

the reality is, if you put a price tag on it, there's a large group of people that won't buy it, regardless of what number follows the dollar sign.

there's no science to charging for art, beyond spending the large amounts of time it takes to create the kind of demand that pays.

ultimately, i expect to not sell many downloads. however, i would hope that people who are genuine believers in supporting the music would at least consider purchasing. bandcamp's model is really cool and gives artists the best shot of promoting and selling their music without compromising one for the other.

i'm not undervaluing my music either. the goal here is to get people to listen. people can listen on the page all day if they like, and there are even ways to jack the streams if they're that determined to hold on to 3 bucks. but at the end of the day the people who really appreciate the music and have the money to spare will buy it. i'm a firm believer in that.

*shrug*