Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectok, well i HAVE bought albums months later.. even a year
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2516989&mesg_id=2517585
2517585, ok, well i HAVE bought albums months later.. even a year
Posted by DonWonJusuton, Sun Feb-27-11 02:33 PM
later if i'm digging it... and i pretty much always start w/ a free d/l... the only artists i'll cop from first day are:

-badu
-curren$y
-mos def
-the roots
-radiohead
-lambchop
-ghostface
-outkast lol

.. but they earned that by consistently giving me something to enjoy.. and even for all of those, i can't pass up the pre-release leaks! sorry, i just want to hear the music as soon as possible.. everyone else has to prove to me their product is worth purchasing - like EVERY other business! and if i love an album, i WILL get around to buying it.. but let's face it, i don't think a lot of the shit i d/l is worth buying... and a lot of that stuff gets deleted from my computer at some point, too... where do you stand on that? i just don't see how artists can excuse themselves from the same business realities that everyone else faces.. you're competing for business, so either get a better product or compete on a pricing level.. if your shit is worth $13 dollars, cool, i'll buy it... but why would i pay that much for some shit that's worth $3?.. ppl pay bmw prices for kia's?