Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectyou're right. I'm an asshole.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2516989&mesg_id=2517223
2517223, you're right. I'm an asshole.
Posted by disco dj, Sat Feb-26-11 11:02 AM
>
>>I'm not gonna play word games and do the back and forth
>thing.
>>So let's talk about music.
>
>pot/kettle and all that

no potna. You're talking about not living in reality. I'm telling you. We're here. In the real world. talking from real experience. So we ARE in fact living in reality. Not some alternate fucking universe.

the fact that we're LIVING means this is REALITY, dude. This is real shit we're talking about. Get it?

>
>the reality i'm referring to is the reality of music fans and
>how music fans view their choices in the bizarre "marketplace"
>of internet music-obtaining

well stop using the word reality. the fact that all this is IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING means that 'reality' is a given. on both sides.

not that you're not making valid points, it's your use of the word that drives me nuts....

>
>
>but i see you're playing the "i'm an artist and in the
>business so i automatically get it more than you mere fans
>possibly can"
>

Where did I say ANYTHING like that. I'm just telling you that BASED ON MY EXPERIENCES, I know what I'm talking about, whereas somebody who HASN'T might not see it from the same angle. Why is this so wrong?

We see it all the time in sports. People are quick to talk about the talking heads in the studio who never played the game. Who are you more likely to listen to about Basketball, Derrick Rose or Jim Grey?

>and you'll fail to realize that YOUR attitude is part of the
>reason why fans bootleg shit and flip you the bird while doing
>it...because you look down on them (or they perceive you to
>b/c of your high and mighty attitude)

you're certainly within your rights to do that. I don't understand why you'd call yourself a fan, but that's your right...

and shame on me for having a 'attitude' huh? and who am I looking down on? i'm a fan too. but unlike a lot of you, I actually BUY the shit I listen too.

>>The fact that I have PERSONALLY gone through everything
>we're
>>talking about in this post ( as have a few other posters
>here)
>>is PROOF that we're talking about 'reality'. So you can cut
>>all the bullshit and let's talk about music.
>>
>>
>
>see what i'm saying?

no. not really.

>
>it's this attitude from artists that make a lot of fans say
>"fuck em"
>
>

so be it. I'll just keep making my shit for the people that want to hear it...until I can no longer afford it. Then I'll grow up and get a job, I guess...

*shrug*