Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectye ye same here, it's all love right? lol
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2516989&mesg_id=2517077
2517077, ye ye same here, it's all love right? lol
Posted by araQual, Sat Feb-26-11 01:24 AM
i think we both mean well. i freely admitted that i don't have the insider perspective just yet. like i said, im actually attempting a serious career in music in some form (writing, producing, djing watever) this year, so i feel like there's a lot on the subject i can yet learn about, and i know some of u already have that experience. it's just frustrating for someone who is just as passionate bout music but not actually in the biz, while also being a downloader but still supporting via live shows. it's all from that perspective and i too apologise if it all came off harsh or judgmental.

its just a lil frustrating being a lover of music and supporting artists in ur own way (if not thru purchase of albums, then via the attending of live shows) and always being reminded ur a blight on the face of the music industry :/ does not sit well after all the many YEARS of constant patronage buying CDs and records and tapes and merch from around 1990-2009. the downloading didn't begin til 2000, but the CD buying didnt stop til 2009. u just get to a point when u dont wanna feel bad for the current freeloader-based way of consuming music, either from being let-down by blind buys or by the Internet opening up a plethora of music sources n choices u would have otherwise never seen or head. i seem non-apologetic for my downloading because i see it as normal, i grew up with that mentality that almost anything can be obtained for free online. but i never felt ENTITLED to it, i simply exploit it like everyone else does.

this is getting way too long and i need to stop getn stoned n go to work at some point today. shall we keep debating or should we just let this sucker fall?

V.