Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectadmit? i stated it in my original post, dingus:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2516989&mesg_id=2517060
2517060, admit? i stated it in my original post, dingus:
Posted by araQual, Sat Feb-26-11 12:31 AM
"i used to take plenty of chances that cost me $30-$35 a pop. now it's been almost 3yrs since i last bought a physical album on CD cos i got duped too many times".

the argument isn't phony, i was drawing from past experiences pre-2008 (last album i ever bought, Ananda Project's "Fire Flower"), where i would gladly buy albums from artists i loved to liked and ended up being disappointed with the material.

edit: actually no, the last album i bought was Maxwell's "BLACKsummers'night" in 2009. and this was after previewing both albums via free downloads. and these guys are among my top 5 fav artists of all-time. it was gonna get bought regardless, but i still had to listen first.

if it doesn't completely suck and i'm not paying for it, maybe i just don't LIKE it? im not obliged to buy n support based offa that. i bought BSN n Fire Flower cos they meant somethin to me & cos i loved the music, the message and the art in general. that's what it takes for me to shell out some coin in the world TODAY. otherwise my main source of financial support for artists is the live show.

V.