Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectsee, HERE'S the shit that irks me about that argument though...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2516989&mesg_id=2517000
2517000, see, HERE'S the shit that irks me about that argument though...
Posted by disco dj, Fri Feb-25-11 10:00 PM
people use that whole "tired of gettin' beat" argument, as if they would've paid for it if they liked it.

I've heard the same motherfuckers talking about "I just listen, and if I like it, I'll go buy it..." but six months later they're still listening to that same ol' burned copy.

and THEN they talk about how it was "aight"...

or even WORSE, when they come in here trumpeting about how dope something is, "Top Ten this or that", and "you're a fool if you don't like it", and yet they STILL haven't bought it themselves.

and I know we're all sick of talking about the whole live show thing, but again; How in the fuck is the artist gonna be able to book a live show with NO visible fan base? Promoters don't wanna hear SHIT about YouTube views and Facebook "likes". They wanna know how many you sold.

Ask yourself, would YOU book some dude who says he has a zillion fans to play at YOUR club? What kinda criteria would YOU use to find out if he's a draw? and I'm waiting to anything you can come up with that doesn't include the phrase "Number of album sales".