Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectWere you there? (I've told this story before)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2507862&mesg_id=2514545
2514545, Were you there? (I've told this story before)
Posted by lonesome_d, Mon Feb-21-11 02:25 PM
I wanted to go so baddddddddly but I was away at a lousy summer camp (Tockwough, emphasis on the last 3 letters, you probably know it) and we tasked my parents to record it.

Unfortunately my folks are far from technically competent, and instead of uninterrupted Live Aid Wembley/RFK broadcasts we wound up with 4 VHS tapes of the Weather Channel. Most unfortunate.

Anyway, I don't think I'd ever seen this and it was absolutely something I should have seen at 13 that could very possibly have changed my perception about hip hop well ahead of schedule. The confidence these guys exuded in front of a crowd of people mostly there to see anything but rap - pretty incredible, and the performance was great. Only problem is some of the intricacies of the turntable parts didn't come across as well as they could - probably a combination of the sound at the venue, internet streaming and crappy speakers on my computer.