Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectyea
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2506648&mesg_id=2516200
2516200, yea
Posted by __Spread__, Thu Feb-24-11 12:23 PM
Sheila E did Glamorous Life toward the beginning and pretty much stayed out there on Timbales, singing or dancing the whole rest of the show...she even got on the drum kit and played drums for Purple Rain during one of the encores...
Larry Graham and GCS were there of course and Cynthia and Jerry were playing horns with him and when Prince was on he called them all up along with Greg Errico and they did a little Sly medley...for a minute it seemed like they were gonna get Sly out there but that was just my wishful thinking...I woulda lost it...I almost lost it and then they were like "Greg Errico!" and I was happy to see him but, ya know, Sly would've tore the roof off...
Prince was talking about Santana earlier in the show making me think I'd see Carlos but he never showed as far as I know...I'd find it hard to believe if Santana wasn't there tonight...I bet he will be...I'm almost considering going again but i doubt good tix are left and I got some shit I have to do in the City this evening so I might just hang over there in hopes he does an afterset in SF...

but guests or no guests the shit is worth it...and he's got this grand piano out on stage but when he plays it, its gonna blow your mind because it isn't just a normal piano...