Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectKinda boring.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2505022&mesg_id=2507877
2507877, Kinda boring.
Posted by denny, Sat Feb-19-11 09:14 AM
I'm more excited about the new Pj Harvey.

I listened to it twice now and then revisited In Rainbows. I'm guessing that Thom took a stranglehold on this one cause it's just not taking root with me.

I like 3 songs but I'm guessing this one WONT have staying power. They're reputation is doing them favors for this one. It's like people don't wanna admit that half of the album is boring. There are some interesting production techniques....voices turning into sounds, sounds turning into voices. But I don't really like all the experimentation in rhythm they're doing here.

I get it....the tension built up by shit that's out of time. Slowly becoming 'in time' and then straying off again. Maybe it's 'supposed' to give you a headache. The drum programming is not well-executed imo and that's the biggest flaw to me.

But a couple of gems too.

A couple other people here said it sounds like an extension of Thom's horrible solo album and I'd agree. It's better...but only where it doesn't bear as much resemblance to the 'eraser' or whatever it's called.