Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectalbum is still on repeat...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2505022&mesg_id=2507572
2507572, album is still on repeat...
Posted by Track_10, Fri Feb-18-11 02:17 PM
When i first listened this album i had to adjust my expectations after the first song, Bloom. I had the same experience when I listened to The Roots' How I Got Over. I thought both bands were going to deliver a certain tone/energy and they had another game plan.

This is a solid album. Parts of it feel like a jazz record to be honest. I wish Thome had changed up his vocal delivery on this album so that the record didn't recall some of his solo work. The other guys in the band work so hard to change up their sound and here he comes holding vowels again!

I love the groove (bass) of the first part of the album, the second half the album has more heart and all together this album progresses well.

well done.

Fav songs:

Bloom - a fine intro for the album, it sets up everything perfectly
Little By Little - Classic

Lotus Flower - Classic, Another one!

Separator - Reminds me of In Rainbows. Funny that by the time this song comes in you understand that everything before it was a new sound and this is what a regular Radiohead song used to song like.

Feral - Radiohead dub step, finally an instrumental on a Radiohead that doesn't totally stop the momentum of the album, i'm all for that.

Radiohead Album Ranking based on a few hours of listening to the new album:

OK Computer
Kid A
In Rainbows
The King of Limbs
Hail to the Thief
The Bends
Amnesiac
Pablo Honey