Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjecthmm
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2505022&mesg_id=2507140
2507140, hmm
Posted by howisya, Thu Feb-17-11 06:23 PM
i'm not sure i thought of it in terms of sameiness, but their last 2 albums and 'the eraser' do run together a little bit too well for my tastes, but not the albums themselves sounding the same (like stereolab), not even 'kid a' and 'amnesiac,' which were drawn from the same sessions.

>or do songs like Nude and All I Need just 'drone' to you?

"nude" is one of those unreleased songs i loved for years before they finally released it, but i like the dubbiness of the recording and of "all i need." i wouldn't say they drone. there is a sterility to the album IMO. as much as i'm a fan of nigel, i was a little disappointed when they ditched the sessions with mark "spike" stent to redo the album w/ nigel since i thought a new producer might liven up their sound, and i bet nigel produced this new album, too. he's definitely their george martin.

>but then again they're in they're 40's and have been making
>really good music for about 20 years.

most of my favorite artists outside of hip-hop are 40+ now and still making vital but perhaps not their best music