Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectI'm sorry but this is some BULLSHIT
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2302013&mesg_id=2302635
2302635, I'm sorry but this is some BULLSHIT
Posted by Asoyini, Mon Jan-18-10 10:01 AM
Are you really trying to put Dilla's influence over Hendrix's influence now? Are you serious?!?!?!?!

Not only that but you keep saying to everyone that popularity means nothing and is a weak argument (blah, blah, blah) but yet you've just typed how you can turn on the BBC and hear people talking about Dilla's influence, how there are crews in Korea and New Zealand who speak upon Dilla's influence etc... Basically what you are doing now is trying to use the same popularity argument FOR Dilla to try and prove your point (of which you don't have any really).

Man just STOP already!

I came into this conversation with an open mind about the topic but after discussing this with you and reading the rest of the conversation I will say that Dilla was NOT the Hendrix of this generation. Fuck outta here with that bullshit! I think you are being disingenuous and you even admitted yourself that you weren't even that big of a fan. Why you now decided to try and make a case for him just reeks of ULTERIOR MOTIVES that are not at all altruisitic. If an argument could be made on behalf of Dilla you certainly aren't the person to do it.

Just STOP already because you are embarassing yourself at this point.

Shock posting doesn't suit you at all.

*shaking my goddamn head*