Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectLOL
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2302013&mesg_id=2302406
2302406, LOL
Posted by , Sun Jan-17-10 09:06 PM
So many times at so many things, LOL. What the fuck is the point of me continuing this conversation, at all. If you know everything about Hendrix (lol like you can 'claim' another human for yourself lmfao) then why am I even having this conversation with you? I actually had a third answer written for you but this whole topic you are just so up your own ass. Take a walk or something man. Not just music, the entire world was effected by the messages of freedom and peace present in those solos -- the concept that anything could be possible. Hendrix was bigger than music and you asking for whether or not Rock musicians today have music that wouldn't have existed / did not have some sort of technique used by Hendrix from the 60s to establish this pseudo-definition in your mind is just hilarious. L.O.L. You claim you are a huge hendrix fan, but I'm not sure if you really got the point of his music.

OH SHIT HERE COMES A FLAMESFEST WHICH GUESS WHAT I COULDNT REALLY CARE ABOUT LOLZ. This topic is so fucking stupid. Real talk if you are looking for the type of answer you are looking for, Aphex Twin comes way closer. Aphex Twin has had ridiculous impact of instrumental music. Also, I'd point to Autechre too. Dilla was an incredible producer and the music he made had a certain approach to it that, even though it wasn't -technically- on the level of AFX it had elements to it that no one else had really gotten close to (except perhaps Madlib). Regardless though, there have been so few people who could qualify for "another generation's hendrix". To even imply that Dilla is a Hendrix of this generation -- to imply that any band is the _____ of the modern era is such flawed logic. Dilla is the Dilla of this generation, jesus.