Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectpardon my dust, but i don't want to see this archived*
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2291465&mesg_id=2495266
2495266, pardon my dust, but i don't want to see this archived*
Posted by howisya, Tue Jan-25-11 09:38 AM
*this is sitting on the 2nd to last page with some others being mulled over; it's just my opinion, i have this saved, and others have done ambitious lists that weren't archived... ask DubSpt

after listening again over the last 12 months, some albums that probably should've been in there:

(already mentioned) Elliott Smith - Figure 8
(30s?) Bark Psychosis - ///Codename: Dustsucker
(toward the end) Bjork - Medúlla
(ditto, put on by a lessonhead... BigReg?) Tujiko Noriko - Shojo Toshi (remastered version w/ bonus tracks from 12")
(ditto, but i'd have to re-eval their others before committing; either way, this ended up being perhaps my favorite album of 2009 but heard in 2010) Anti-Pop Consortium - Fluorescent Black

there's a lot of truth to the criticism that the list was heavily biased in favor of the beginning of the decade, but that was when i had less music and would play things even longer than i do now (i still play things out for a while); maybe some more recent albums would get the same treatment, but there were also albums from that earlier time i didn't include because i rarely go back to them for whatever reason

thanks for reading