Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: Lol, sure...basically I just think the singing on the song is
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2156845&mesg_id=2186291
2186291, RE: Lol, sure...basically I just think the singing on the song is
Posted by howisya, Sat Aug-22-09 09:13 AM
>in the style of something Thom Yorke WOULD sing, and thats why
>he put it.

that makes zero sense, not only do people other than charles hamilton not credit famous strangers with working on their music, but the chorus "my uzi weeeeeighs a toooooon (something something walk motherfucker etc.)" is nothing like what thom yorke would sing.

>What reminds you of Thom Yorke more,
>the melody and delivery of the singing, or the beat?

the beat! and this was well before 'the eraser,' so i was going off of songs like "the gloaming" and others on 'kid a' through 'HTTT.' i was willing to give jay the benefit of the doubt that he got a beat from thom, especially in context of it clearly not sounding like thom singing and jay posting that the label "forced" him to do the song. i was suspicious enough even back then to label my file "(unconfirmed)" but didn't think it was 100% impossible. the whole thing was fishy from the start, but the beats from nottz, dilla, mr. porter, etc. were real, so why lie about the other things? anyway, i hope this thread has added to the mythos of jay electronica and enhanced our perception of the character he's created for himself.