Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: explain him being a liar? i'm not following
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2156845&mesg_id=2180484
2180484, RE: explain him being a liar? i'm not following
Posted by howisya, Sun Aug-16-09 12:26 AM
finally. i thought no one would ever ask, although i've detailed this before.

as you can read in the archive of his web site--which, besides his only and official page at the time, you can see from my other link that he himself was the webmaster--he claimed that the song was produced by thom yorke. on the SOHH forums he posted/spammed this web site at, he threw in the tidbit that the label forced him to do the song with thom.

when sweeneykovar posted in the lesson that he was going to interview jay, i made sure to ask him to ask about this song and the alleged thom yorke production. sweeney relayed that "someone else" posing as or otherwise misrepresenting him had made the claim on SOHH, and jay said that the song was self-produced. the archive of the web site reveals the lie.

it is also extremely unlikely that he was signed to bad boy in 2004 and that he had a full-length album that the source had planned to give 5 mic's to. think about it: where was the press around him as an artist, his signing to the label, or the album? it was nonexistent. the self-written press release on the web page would have you believe that it was all a sure thing though.

like i said, dope rapper, weird liar. not much has changed either when you think about the release date for 'act II' and how often he dicks around the artists he's supposed to work with in the studio.