Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjecti found Jay Electronica's web site from 2004
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2156845
2156845, i found Jay Electronica's web site from 2004
Posted by howisya, Sun Jul-19-09 05:09 PM
enjoy the press kit from bad boy's newest rapper with a 5 mic album: http://web.archive.org/web/20040528104220/http://www.magnetik7.com/Diddy.htm

i only wish i could find the SOHH message board posts where he, or if you believe him in an interview years later, someone else, claimed that the label forced him to do "Uzi Weighs A Ton Feat. Thom Yorke of (Radiohead)"--in that interview jay admitted he produced the song himself. dope rapper, weird liar.
2156854, lol WTF?
Posted by Ghetto Black, Sun Jul-19-09 05:37 PM
2156874, it's his failed social networking web site
Posted by howisya, Sun Jul-19-09 06:19 PM
http://www.phpbbhacks.com/forums/i-have-to-know-how-to-do-this-vt32038.html

he (or his peoples... right.) posted the URL on SOHH years ago, and i've always kept it in my bookmarks even though it's been a dead link for almost as many years. i just didn't think to check the wayback machine for it until today. too bad the audio links don't work, as i only downloaded about half of them back then.
2156958, lmao @ this nigga trying do the programming him self
Posted by southphillyman, Sun Jul-19-09 08:31 PM
2157035, right, though it doesnt surprise me.
Posted by High Society, Sun Jul-19-09 11:04 PM
It is kind of funny seeing this guys mind work over the internet. lol, the website and talk about writing script are from 2004.
2156982, all those songs are on the internet.
Posted by sweeneykovar, Sun Jul-19-09 09:24 PM
2173347, what do you feel about him lying to you about one of them?
Posted by howisya, Fri Aug-07-09 11:30 AM
(see original post)
2173401, Lying is only unacceptable when it's Charles Hamilton...c'mon...
Posted by rhymesandammo, Fri Aug-07-09 11:59 AM
2180022, apparently
Posted by howisya, Sat Aug-15-09 12:35 PM
2180542, RE: what do you feel about him lying to you about one of them?
Posted by SsenepoD, Sun Aug-16-09 02:21 AM
what was the lie?
2180554, what do you mean? the one w/ the fake DJ Clue on it?
Posted by sweeneykovar, Sun Aug-16-09 03:22 AM
2186272, if you read the web site and this thread
Posted by howisya, Sat Aug-22-09 08:34 AM
then you know
2156936, have u found his current one tho?
Posted by KennyFresh, Sun Jul-19-09 08:03 PM
at least one of em... lol

FRESH SELECTIONS:
Hawthorne Headhunters - EP 7/07
Georgia Anne Muldrow - Umsindo 7/28
Dudley Perkins - Holy Smokes 7/28
Sareem Poems - Black & Read All Over 7/28

www.FRESHselects.net
www.bling47.com
www.myspace.com/mellomusicgroup
www.redbullmusicacademy
2156943, I'd like a jay elect photography site.
Posted by High Society, Sun Jul-19-09 08:13 PM
he is a real good photographer. cool point of view, but that shows in his music as well.
2172231, true
Posted by howisya, Thu Aug-06-09 07:42 AM
2156960, the one with 'act II' on it?
Posted by howisya, Sun Jul-19-09 08:38 PM
that's still waiting to be discovered from christmas 2007
2157041, i remember the meaning of birds and the dogon society
Posted by roaches, Sun Jul-19-09 11:09 PM
they were interesting. jay electronica is very much like cosmo kramer to me.
2157045, ha, good work. n/m
Posted by KennyFresh, Sun Jul-19-09 11:12 PM

FRESH SELECTIONS:
Hawthorne Headhunters - EP 7/07
Georgia Anne Muldrow - Umsindo 7/28
Dudley Perkins - Holy Smokes 7/28
Sareem Poems - Black & Read All Over 7/28

www.FRESHselects.net
www.bling47.com
www.myspace.com/mellomusicgroup
www.redbullmusicacademy
2163139, one for his trailer production house for upcoming internet only songs?
Posted by howisya, Mon Jul-27-09 11:37 AM
2157718, so he's been signed since 04?
Posted by Johnny, Mon Jul-20-09 04:02 PM
for some reason I thought he just hooked up with puff earlier this year
2157740, he was signed to bad boy in 2004.... in his own mind
Posted by howisya, Mon Jul-20-09 04:24 PM
talk about the power of positive (albeit nutty) thinking, even if it did take 5 years to come true
2180464, how is it nutty if he was able to make it happen?
Posted by sha mecca, Sat Aug-15-09 11:09 PM
keep in mind i haven't seen the link lol it didn't work for me.
2180468, RE: how is it nutty if he was able to make it happen?
Posted by howisya, Sat Aug-15-09 11:16 PM
back in 2004 "no one" knew who he was, so for him to claim to be on bad boy, saving the label with his 5-star album, while advertising himself on message boards does seem nutty, at least to me. by all appearances, it wasn't true either; but then in 2008/2009 with actual proof of hanging out with diddy, the idea of him being signed to bad boy is a lot less "nutty," to his credit.

>keep in mind i haven't seen the link lol it didn't work for
>me.

i just tried it; it works for me.
2180649, RE: how is it nutty if he was able to make it happen?
Posted by Alan_PoEpery_fresh, Sun Aug-16-09 10:33 AM
Please tell me this is not real..lol I hope this is for comedic purposes
3022906, definitely the power of positive thinking
Posted by spirit, Thu Mar-19-20 11:50 PM
He put it out there and made it happen. Moves like that should be saluted.

Peace,

Spirit (Alan)
http://wutangbook.com
2172258, lol @:
Posted by Small Pro, Thu Aug-06-09 08:29 AM
"The Situation Biggie was murdered. Mase found God. Shine was locked up. And Diddy has been making wine out of water with the likes of Loon and Da Band."

bol's funny as hell yo
2172292, is this cat on the milk carton yet?
Posted by temps2020, Thu Aug-06-09 09:23 AM

"Dikembe Mutombo blockin' all attempts"

http://www.last.fm/user/temps2020/
2172310, he was just onstage rapping for about 400 ppl in Vermont last night
Posted by sweeneykovar, Thu Aug-06-09 09:49 AM
and will do so for a few more hundred in DC this sunday.

what are YOU doing with your weekend?
2173385, my boy who works in manufacturing plays to bigger crowds in VT than that
Posted by Bombastic, Fri Aug-07-09 11:50 AM
dude might wanna think about putting out some music soon.
2180420, but is your boy in manufacturing on a nationwide tour with mos def?
Posted by spirit, Sat Aug-15-09 08:49 PM
snark fail.
___

http://www.newgoldenera.com
2180463, lol
Posted by liveguy, Sat Aug-15-09 11:03 PM
2180778, nah, his point was still dumb
Posted by Bombastic, Sun Aug-16-09 02:20 PM
as is any 'where's your album?' type of replies.
2287404, no it wasn't. just let go of the hate. it feels better
Posted by nativesun07, Fri Dec-25-09 05:14 PM
2186563, lol
Posted by micMajestic, Sat Aug-22-09 07:14 PM
>snark fail.
>___
>
>http://www.newgoldenera.com

What's the difference between us and them?
WE "US"........... AND THEY "THEM"!
AND THAT'S THAT!
© Juelz Santana
2180555, oh does he play for hundreds of people in Atlanta, DC and Miami too?
Posted by sweeneykovar, Sun Aug-16-09 03:23 AM
2765426, RE: he was just onstage rapping for about 400 ppl in Vermont last night
Posted by atruhead, Tue Dec-25-12 10:08 PM
2173408, still barely heard more than 3 songs from this guy
Posted by GumDrops, Fri Aug-07-09 12:01 PM
cant say im that bothered about that either :(
2173417, just put a killah priest album on and you're alright
Posted by howisya, Fri Aug-07-09 12:07 PM
2173746, RE: just put a killah priest album on and you're alright
Posted by 13Rose, Fri Aug-07-09 03:25 PM
He does sound a lot like Priest but back when Priest was super dope.
2180425, did jay elec do something to earn this vitriol from you?
Posted by spirit, Sat Aug-15-09 09:14 PM

___

2180456, RE: did jay elec do something to earn this vitriol from you?
Posted by howisya, Sat Aug-15-09 10:41 PM
no, i'm a fan of his music, it's just that he and his other fans leave ample opportunity for clowning. the thread is all for laughs.
2180405, I'm trying to get a list of all the songs he's done
Posted by Wordman, Sat Aug-15-09 08:29 PM
I know I got a lot of them, but I don't know what I'm missing.
Anybody here got a good list, or a site that lists 'em?
Thanks in advance.

"Your current frequencies of understanding outweigh that which has been given for you to understand." Saul Williams
2180460, Here's what I've got.
Posted by CondoM, Sat Aug-15-09 10:50 PM
..\Music\Hip-Hop\Jay Electronica\ Act 1- Eternal Sunshine (The Pledge)\Jay Electronica - 01 - Act 1 Eternal Sunshine (the pledge).mp3
..\Music\Hip-Hop\Jay Electronica\ StyleWars\01 hagler feat. che grand prod. by denaun porter.mp3
..\Music\Hip-Hop\Jay Electronica\ StyleWars\Jay Electronica - 01 - Renaissance Man (ft Tone).mp3
..\Music\Hip-Hop\Jay Electronica\ StyleWars\Jay Electronica - 02 - So What You Sayin'.mp3
..\Music\Hip-Hop\Jay Electronica\ StyleWars\Jay Electronica - 03 - Bitches And Drugs.mp3
..\Music\Hip-Hop\Jay Electronica\ StyleWars\Jay Electronica - 04 - Dimethyltriptamine.mp3
..\Music\Hip-Hop\Jay Electronica\ StyleWars\Jay Electronica - 05 - Be Easy.mp3
..\Music\Hip-Hop\Jay Electronica\ StyleWars\Jay Electronica - 06 - My World (Nas Salute).mp3
..\Music\Hip-Hop\Jay Electronica\ StyleWars\Jay Electronica - 07 - Get 'Em (ft Guilty Simpson & Mr. Porter).mp3
..\Music\Hip-Hop\Jay Electronica\ StyleWars\Jay Electronica - 08 - Uzi Weighs A Ton.mp3
..\Music\Hip-Hop\Jay Electronica\ StyleWars\Jay Electronica - 09 - Victory Is In My Clutches.mp3
..\Music\Hip-Hop\Jay Electronica\ StyleWars\Jay Electronica - 10 - Hard To Get (ft Mr. Porter).mp3
..\Music\Hip-Hop\Jay Electronica\ StyleWars\Jay Electronica - 11 - Somethin' To Hold On To.mp3
..\Music\Hip-Hop\Jay Electronica\ StyleWars\Jay Electronica - 12 - I Feel Good.mp3
..\Music\Hip-Hop\Jay Electronica\ StyleWars\Jay Electronica - 13 - Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind (The Pledge).mp3
..\Music\Hip-Hop\Jay Electronica\ StyleWars\Jay Electronica - 14 - Trolley Stop.mp3
..\Music\Hip-Hop\Jay Electronica\ StyleWars\Jay Electronica - 15 - Dealing.mp3
..\Music\Hip-Hop\Jay Electronica\ StyleWars\Jay Electronica - 16 - Spark Em Up.mp3
..\Music\Hip-Hop\Jay Electronica\ StyleWars\Jay Electronica - 17 - Girlfriend.mp3
..\Music\Hip-Hop\Jay Electronica\ StyleWars\Jay Electronica - 18 - Walk With It (ft Lil Flip).m4a
..\Music\Hip-Hop\Jay Electronica\ StyleWars\Jay Electronica - 19 - A Prayer for Michael Vick & T.I. (We Love You Family).mp3
..\Music\Hip-Hop\Jay Electronica\ StyleWars\Jay Electronica - 20 - Are You Watching.mp3
..\Music\Hip-Hop\Jay Electronica\ StyleWars\Jay Electronica - 21 - Departure.mp3
..\Music\Hip-Hop\Jay Electronica\ StyleWars\Jay Electronica - 22 - Not A Disturbance.mp3
..\Music\Hip-Hop\Jay Electronica\ StyleWars\Jay Electronica - 23 - The Levees Broke.mp3
..\Music\Hip-Hop\Jay Electronica\ StyleWars\Jay Electronica - 24 - Extra Extra.mp3
..\Music\Hip-Hop\Jay Electronica\ StyleWars\Jay Electronica - 25 - The Cauldron (feat. Zed Bias).mp3
..\Music\Hip-Hop\Jay Electronica\ StyleWars\Jay Electronica - 26 - Exhibit A (Transformations).mp3
..\Music\Hip-Hop\Jay Electronica\ StyleWars\Jay Electronica - 27 - Exhibit A (Transformations).mp3
..\Music\Hip-Hop\Jay Electronica\ StyleWars\jay-electronica_new_royales.mp3
..\Music\Hip-Hop\Jay Electronica\ Scratches & Demo Tape Volume I\Jay Electronica - 01 - Annakin's Prayer.mp3
..\Music\Hip-Hop\Jay Electronica\ Scratches & Demo Tape Volume I\Jay Electronica - 02 - Hagler Demo.mp3
..\Music\Hip-Hop\Jay Electronica\ Scratches & Demo Tape Volume I\Jay Electronica - 03 - Not Too Far From Nothing.mp3
..\Music\Hip-Hop\Jay Electronica\ Scratches & Demo Tape Volume I\Jay Electronica - 04 - Who's Gonna Save My Soul (Remix).mp3
..\Music\Hip-Hop\Jay Electronica\ Scratches & Demo Tape Volume I\Jay Electronica - 05 - Swagger Jackson's Revenge.mp3

I think a couple of those are the same, but with different titles. I've hardly listened to him since Act II didn't drop. There's two different versions of Exhibit A. He was featured on a track on Naledge's most recent mixtape too, but I don't have that on my PC.
2180495, most helpful, thanks
Posted by Wordman, Sun Aug-16-09 12:52 AM

"Your current frequencies of understanding outweigh that which has been given for you to understand." Saul Williams
2180467, Also, check this out...
Posted by Mr Teeth, Sat Aug-15-09 11:15 PM
http://kevinnottingham.com/2009/07/28/jay-electronica-discography/
2180497, most helpful, thanks
Posted by Wordman, Sun Aug-16-09 12:53 AM

2180418, man, i KEPT asking in the lesson if anyone remembered this
Posted by spirit, Sat Aug-15-09 08:46 PM
i swear i've asked at least twice in the lesson if anyone remembered when jay elec was on bad boy and all i got in response were crickets. was it real? can someone confirm?
___

2246873, i preferred your original message btw :)
Posted by howisya, Fri Oct-30-09 08:50 AM
2180480, explain him being a liar? i'm not following
Posted by amplifya, Sun Aug-16-09 12:05 AM
>i only wish i could find the SOHH message board posts where
>he, or if you believe him in an interview years later, someone
>else, claimed that the label forced him to do "Uzi Weighs A
>Ton Feat. Thom Yorke of (Radiohead)"--in that interview jay
>admitted he produced the song himself. dope rapper, weird
>liar.

He said he produced Uzi Weighs A Ton in an interview but someone else produced it?

We're talking about this song, right? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieI0chbpHaA

Why would anyone want to take credit for that beat anyway? It's not exactly the dopest beat.. Was Thom Yorke originally supposed to be singing the singing in the hook?
2180484, RE: explain him being a liar? i'm not following
Posted by howisya, Sun Aug-16-09 12:26 AM
finally. i thought no one would ever ask, although i've detailed this before.

as you can read in the archive of his web site--which, besides his only and official page at the time, you can see from my other link that he himself was the webmaster--he claimed that the song was produced by thom yorke. on the SOHH forums he posted/spammed this web site at, he threw in the tidbit that the label forced him to do the song with thom.

when sweeneykovar posted in the lesson that he was going to interview jay, i made sure to ask him to ask about this song and the alleged thom yorke production. sweeney relayed that "someone else" posing as or otherwise misrepresenting him had made the claim on SOHH, and jay said that the song was self-produced. the archive of the web site reveals the lie.

it is also extremely unlikely that he was signed to bad boy in 2004 and that he had a full-length album that the source had planned to give 5 mic's to. think about it: where was the press around him as an artist, his signing to the label, or the album? it was nonexistent. the self-written press release on the web page would have you believe that it was all a sure thing though.

like i said, dope rapper, weird liar. not much has changed either when you think about the release date for 'act II' and how often he dicks around the artists he's supposed to work with in the studio.
2180485, Where does it say Produced By Thom Yorke? I only see
Posted by amplifya, Sun Aug-16-09 12:40 AM
it saying "feat. Thom Yorke", which makes me think they wanted to get him to sing the sung part, but it fell through.
2180490, RE: Where does it say Produced By Thom Yorke? I only see
Posted by howisya, Sun Aug-16-09 12:46 AM
Click Here for Samples. ---Feat. DJ Clue ----feat Jay Dee "Dilla --- Feat. Nottz --- Feat. Hi-Tek --- Uzi Weighs A Ton Feat. Thom Yorke of (Radiohead)---feat. Konartis of (D12) --- Feat. Lil Flip --- Feel Good --- Be Easy ---Feat. Nottz2

for whatever reason, when writing this page, he listed both the producers and the rapper (lil flip) with "feat" for featuring. i assure you that none of features but lil flip were vocalists, they were producer credits for each song. it was also said on SOHH that thom yorke produced the song, and that it was something jay was forced to do. unfortunately, SOHH's forums aren't archived from back then; believe me, i've tried to find the posts over the years.

anyone with ears back then or now listening to the song would know that it isn't thom singing on the song, so there's no need to read into the "feat."
2180654, not exactly
Posted by Nabs, Sun Aug-16-09 10:49 AM
http://forums.projectcovo.com/showthread.php?t=465532
2180664, RE: not exactly
Posted by lamar odom, Sun Aug-16-09 11:14 AM
Word?
2181560, RE: not exactly
Posted by howisya, Mon Aug-17-09 03:04 PM
word.
2180731, RE: not exactly
Posted by howisya, Sun Aug-16-09 01:00 PM
>http://forums.projectcovo.com/showthread.php?t=465532

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you! *saves immediately*

you can tell i was never really up on SOHH to know how to access their archives. i've always tried google searching within "sohh.com" so that's why i never got this.

the relevant post:
- - - - - -
Old 05-14-04, 11:34 AM

Jay Electronica
yo, i was forced to do this joint with that guy tom yorke from radio head, tell me what you think of it. i'm prayin it gets cut.
http://magnetik7.com/Diddy.htm
- - - - - -
it even confirms my recollection of his misspelling the artist's name. now it doesn't explicitly say thom "produced" it, but i don't think jay was implying that thom sang on it either since he was posting the song that anyone can hear doesn't have a white british guy singing on it. you can see the bottom of the magnetik7 page that the producers, like nottz and dilla, were credited via "feat." and how can jay be "forced to do" a song he self-produced, as he later admitted to sweeney in an interview?

i hope you all can find the humor in this. again, i'm a fan of jay's music, but it's funny to look back at his beginnings and see how certain threads have weaved their way through his career. enjoy the show.
2180743, post #29 in that thread...
Posted by amplifya, Sun Aug-16-09 01:19 PM
>
>anyone can hear
>doesn't have a white british guy singing on it.

"I'm loving the track with Thom Yorke because it's so different. "
2180750, RE: post #29 in that thread...
Posted by howisya, Sun Aug-16-09 01:27 PM
>>anyone can hear
>>doesn't have a white british guy singing on it.
>
>"I'm loving the track with Thom Yorke because it's so
>different. "

notice it doesn't say "I'm loving the track with Thom Yorke's SINGING because it's so different."

they're just going by what jay told them, that it's a track with thom. he didn't even say the title of it in the post, so it's easier to refer to it the way he did.

what is your angle at this point? i've showed you that he claimed twice--on his own web site that he scripted and his posts on a forum--to have done a song with thom yorke that he didn't and then admitted later he self-produced. can't two of his fans just share a laugh over the elaborate lies this guy tells?
2186286, Lol, sure...basically I just think the singing on the song is
Posted by amplifya, Sat Aug-22-09 09:04 AM
>can't two of
>his fans just share a laugh over the elaborate lies this guy
>tells?

in the style of something Thom Yorke WOULD sing, and thats why he put it. I just don't agree that he was saying it was produced by Thom Yorke. What reminds you of Thom Yorke more, the melody and delivery of the singing, or the beat? The singing, of course. It's similar to how internet producers will post beats and be like "New Swizz Beats beat!" or internet rappers will add an acapella of a known rapper and say it features them. Just trying to fake a collab with a legit major artist for attention and to seem more legit. I probably did some bullshit like that when I was like 15 years old myself. I probably did a song with 2pac or someone, Lol
2186291, RE: Lol, sure...basically I just think the singing on the song is
Posted by howisya, Sat Aug-22-09 09:13 AM
>in the style of something Thom Yorke WOULD sing, and thats why
>he put it.

that makes zero sense, not only do people other than charles hamilton not credit famous strangers with working on their music, but the chorus "my uzi weeeeeighs a toooooon (something something walk motherfucker etc.)" is nothing like what thom yorke would sing.

>What reminds you of Thom Yorke more,
>the melody and delivery of the singing, or the beat?

the beat! and this was well before 'the eraser,' so i was going off of songs like "the gloaming" and others on 'kid a' through 'HTTT.' i was willing to give jay the benefit of the doubt that he got a beat from thom, especially in context of it clearly not sounding like thom singing and jay posting that the label "forced" him to do the song. i was suspicious enough even back then to label my file "(unconfirmed)" but didn't think it was 100% impossible. the whole thing was fishy from the start, but the beats from nottz, dilla, mr. porter, etc. were real, so why lie about the other things? anyway, i hope this thread has added to the mythos of jay electronica and enhanced our perception of the character he's created for himself.
2287381, obviously i didn't mean the lyrics and the "motherfucker" rapping
Posted by amplifya, Fri Dec-25-09 04:41 PM
>that makes zero sense, not only do people other than charles
>hamilton not credit famous strangers with working on their
>music, but the chorus "my uzi weeeeeighs a toooooon (something
>something walk motherfucker etc.)" is nothing like what thom
>yorke would sing.

the singing notes on a minor scale in a mid/slow crooning type way with a ton of reverb on your voice with an ominous, cold tone to it.i dunno how you could not at least hear what i'm saying by that just the way it SOUNDS, the melody/rhythm/delivery..is in the style of something thom yorke would sing. it sounds like a random dude (possibly jay elec?) doing his best thom yorke impression.
2287655, RE: obviously i didn't mean the lyrics and the "motherfucker" rapping
Posted by howisya, Sat Dec-26-09 12:21 PM
>the singing notes on a minor scale in a mid/slow crooning type
>way with a ton of reverb on your voice with an ominous, cold
>tone to it.i dunno how you could not at least hear what i'm
>saying by that just the way it SOUNDS, the
>melody/rhythm/delivery..is in the style of something thom
>yorke would sing. it sounds like a random dude (possibly jay
>elec?) doing his best thom yorke impression.

you're replying to something i wrote 9 minutes after your reply, 4 months later. it's not thom, it doesn't sound like thom, and we'll never know if it was someone trying to sound like thom because no one competent ever asks rappers interesting questions. jay already admitted in a roundabout way that he lied, as we know he was the one who built his web site and he told sweeney years later that he self-produced the song. we know that thom isn't "featured" on the song, and we can see on the site that he labeled the producers with "feat." (nottz, hi-tek, etc.). please don't reply 4 months later with another weird devil's advocate explanation on jay's behalf.
2415659, i just did a whole album produced by thom.
Posted by al_sharp, Mon Aug-09-10 03:10 PM
nigel godrich is mastering it.

it'll be out in february.

avy: our new album. you may just like it. listen for free online @ http://theyesyesyalls.com

http://twitter.com/shamelessplug
http://youlooklikecraptoday.com
2186556, Bad Boy For Life
Posted by howisya, Sat Aug-22-09 07:01 PM
http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2186322&mesg_id=2186322&page=
2186559, It would be wild if puff actually signs him, and then he actually
Posted by amplifya, Sat Aug-22-09 07:07 PM
puts out a 18 track cd that gets 5 mics. Lol
2186560, that would be AMAZING
Posted by howisya, Sat Aug-22-09 07:09 PM
>puts out a 18 track cd that gets 5 mics. Lol

then he could say "i've been signed and made this album for bad boy back in 2004, haven't you seen my web page?? btw sorry i lied about dood from radio head 8)"
2186562, lmao, or maybe if he signs to bad boy he actually
Posted by amplifya, Sat Aug-22-09 07:13 PM
could have the budget and contacts to do a song with Yorke. And then do a song featuring Thom Yorke produced by Thom Yorke, so then we'd both be right/wrong

5 MICS
2186564, RE: lmao, or maybe if he signs to bad boy he actually
Posted by howisya, Sat Aug-22-09 07:20 PM
>could have the budget and contacts to do a song with Yorke.
>And then do a song featuring Thom Yorke produced by Thom
>Yorke, so then we'd both be right/wrong
>
>5 MICS

and he could pretend it was recorded back in 2004, call it "Uzi Weighs A Ton" despite it being a completely different song, and claim that the song floating around the internet isn't the same one (the new one) he linked on his web page in 2004 with thom.
2186568, I see you are watching closely.
Posted by High Society, Sat Aug-22-09 07:34 PM
2186595, it's intriguing.
Posted by howisya, Sat Aug-22-09 08:46 PM
jay's antics reminds me of the ARG (Alternate Reality Game) trent reznor did for one of his albums. now there are some things i do like about jay (his music) and things i don't (him dicking around other artists i like such as the roots and not releasing much music), but one thing i can say is that he's interesting. i'm sure i ruffled a lot of feathers with this topic, and i'm glad to do it, but i think it's all a part of the game jay is playing either with us or at our expense.
2186598, you just reminded me of a thread i wanted to make, thanks
Posted by amplifya, Sat Aug-22-09 08:51 PM
>jay's antics reminds me of the ARG (Alternate Reality Game)
>trent reznor did for one of his albums
2186570, RE: lmao, or maybe if he signs to bad boy he actually
Posted by sosflex, Sat Aug-22-09 07:36 PM
most of the songs I've heard he just using other peoples beats so I'm not really trippin. Exhibit A was heat though. But anything before that is cool but anybody can jack an instrumental and make a half decent song out of it.
2186596, RE: lmao, or maybe if he signs to bad boy he actually
Posted by howisya, Sat Aug-22-09 08:48 PM
>most of the songs I've heard he just using other peoples
>beats so I'm not really trippin.

some of the beats were later used on other people's projects, like bilal and doom, but they weren't necessarily before jay. you can check the date on the archive.org page to see that he had the nottz beat sold to bilal before we heard 'love for sale' for example.
2205657, another comment i found on the myth, the legend
Posted by howisya, Thu Sep-10-09 08:22 AM
thoughts?

http://passionweiss.com/2008/04/04/jay-electronica-much-better-than-his-name-would-suggest/

Impulss Says:
September 20th, 2008 at 3:55 pm
It’s crazy because he’s supposed to be from New Orleans, and he’s around my age, and I don’t know a single person that knows him. This is a small town. It’s a tight knit Hip Hop community and I don’t see how a dude like this gets through the cracks here without me knowing him or meeting him several times. No shows, no Bionik Brown (or largest local real Hip Hop artist) status here, nothing, and then BOOM Jay Electronica is here and famous. WTF??? I like his shit, but did he move outta NOLA at like 10 years old or something but still claims it?? Cause honestly if you’re on some real shit I’mma come across yo uin this town….Like his shit though…can’t wait to hear more…
2287387, Well he's said that he's always been all over the place...
Posted by Ketchums, Fri Dec-25-09 04:49 PM
So that's actually believable. He's said in interviews that he's well-traveled because of obligation, so that makes sense imo
2287659, obligation to whom?
Posted by howisya, Sat Dec-26-09 12:29 PM
also, check out what lupe's best buddy wrote about that comment:
http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2251659#2253109
2562018, I dont think he was ever active in the scene in NOLA when
Posted by sweeneykovar, Sat Jun-18-11 01:47 PM
he was a youth. from what I've gleamed he rarely made his craft public (open mics, etc) for yeeeears.
2562020, so the mt. dew commercial was autobiographical?
Posted by howisya, Sat Jun-18-11 01:49 PM
2562024, howso?
Posted by sweeneykovar, Sat Jun-18-11 01:50 PM
2562025, jusajoke
Posted by howisya, Sat Jun-18-11 01:52 PM
your comment reminded me of the rhyming to a crowd with your eyes closed scene
2562026, lol
Posted by sweeneykovar, Sat Jun-18-11 01:54 PM
the suit he had on in that commercial was dangerously close to an ironed chopper suit, haha.
2552314, uh and another one!
Posted by howisya, Mon May-23-11 10:56 PM
http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2551631&mesg_id=2551631&page=#2552173
read into it what thou wilt!

happy 2011!!!
2562010, TRACKS!
Posted by howisya, Sat Jun-18-11 01:29 PM
covered!

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2561764&mesg_id=2561764&page=#2562006
2562016, i dont even get that one. whats that supposed to mean?
Posted by sweeneykovar, Sat Jun-18-11 01:45 PM
2562019, with your blog deleted
Posted by howisya, Sat Jun-18-11 01:47 PM
it's harder to trace the 'act II' fiasco back to you since that was the source of a lot of the original information
2562023, I have no problem being accountable for that. thats not y
Posted by sweeneykovar, Sat Jun-18-11 01:50 PM
I deleted the blog either.

and regardless of what I said in that one comment you linked, it IS coming.

*ducks tomatoes*
2287248, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Posted by howisya, Fri Dec-25-09 12:57 PM
have a wonderful day! remember to smile!
2287255, lol
Posted by fwmj, Fri Dec-25-09 01:08 PM

----------------------------------------
www.rappersiknow.com
2287367, jay has officially made it..niggas are digging up dirt...
Posted by HotepSuns365, Fri Dec-25-09 04:08 PM
he should feel proud...
2300872, i didn't have to do much digging actually
Posted by howisya, Fri Jan-15-10 11:48 AM
it was more like retracing my steps in 2004 to make a point
2301070, what was your point?
Posted by CinisterCee, Fri Jan-15-10 03:11 PM
i missed it
2301085, it's the last sentence in the original post
Posted by howisya, Fri Jan-15-10 03:18 PM
2301124, lol, the whole thread is great...It's like all an internet goose chase.
Posted by Mr Teeth, Fri Jan-15-10 04:13 PM
Good work.

I like what JE did...interesting guy.
2356793, upped by request
Posted by howisya, Mon Apr-19-10 12:40 PM
"it's beginning to look a lot like winter..."
2415645, did someone say up?
Posted by howisya, Mon Aug-09-10 02:51 PM
i can't hear you over this wicked copy of 'act II'
2669659, jerk
Posted by howisya, Fri Mar-02-12 10:41 AM
2432245, up for the homey k
Posted by howisya, Mon Sep-13-10 06:47 PM
2478654, Feliz Navidad!
Posted by howisya, Sat Dec-25-10 10:02 AM
dew dew dew dew dew dew dew dew!
2642981, a very merry christmas, one and all!
Posted by howisya, Sun Dec-25-11 12:19 PM
2643028, RE: i found Jay Electronica's web site from 2004
Posted by SsenepoD, Sun Dec-25-11 04:29 PM
man, i can't wait for Act II. it's gonna be a great nightcap to this Christmas
2643032, lol i was wondering if someone was gonna up this again.
Posted by sweeneykovar, Sun Dec-25-11 04:33 PM
2643046, lol
Posted by Danny, Sun Dec-25-11 05:45 PM
2643066, I was thinking about it again this Christmas.
Posted by cidolfas, Sun Dec-25-11 07:56 PM
It always crosses my mind this time of year... what could have been with that dude.
2643111, RE: i found Jay Electronica's web site from 2004
Posted by Goose, Mon Dec-26-11 02:24 AM
this is my new fav xmas tradition
2669765, lol
Posted by woe.is.me., Fri Mar-02-12 01:51 PM
2725304, this cat forgot the fucking year
Posted by howisya, Sat Jul-28-12 08:08 PM
but for all you true beliebers out there:
http://www.okayplayer.com/news/jay-electronica-act-ii-tracklist.html
2738086, for the kids...
Posted by howisya, Thu Sep-06-12 01:54 PM
2738106, lol
Posted by fwmj, Thu Sep-06-12 02:34 PM

----------------------------------------
www.rappersiknow.com
www.twitter.com/fwmj
2765400, Merry Christmas, one and all!
Posted by howisya, Tue Dec-25-12 12:54 PM
Belated Happy Jay Elec-Hanukkah, and enjoy your Kwanzaa! /_\
2765406, This will never not be funny.
Posted by Brotha Sun, Tue Dec-25-12 02:06 PM
2765407, This will never not be funny.
Posted by Brotha Sun, Tue Dec-25-12 02:06 PM
2765409, RE: i found Jay Electronica's web site from 2004
Posted by SsenepoD, Tue Dec-25-12 02:30 PM
one of my least favorite christmas traditions. Uncle Jay drunk off schnapps right now
2765472, dts
Posted by abstrak, Wed Dec-26-12 04:28 PM
2765473, Wait, 2009??!???
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Wed Dec-26-12 04:53 PM
2765474, F-A-B-U-L-I-S-T
Posted by abstrak, Wed Dec-26-12 04:55 PM
2766402, it's 2013. this is the first time i've EVER even clicked this post.
Posted by MISTA MONOTONE, Tue Jan-01-13 04:39 AM
2766417, are you not entertained?
Posted by howisya, Tue Jan-01-13 12:06 PM
2766445, *Colin Powell*
Posted by MISTA MONOTONE, Tue Jan-01-13 05:22 PM
3022771, Merry Christmas?
Posted by Oak27, Fri Mar-13-20 08:05 AM
3022779, lol
Posted by thebigfunk, Fri Mar-13-20 11:30 AM
What a great thread.

-thebigfunk

~ i could still snort you under the table ~
3022931, i have to be a part of this.
Posted by mikediggz, Sun Mar-22-20 12:25 PM
3022997, 2020, first time I clicked on this post.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Thu Mar-26-20 09:41 AM
"On Time" in the article is hilarious.
"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"