Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subject615 downloads so far..........
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2064723&mesg_id=2077732
2077732, 615 downloads so far..........
Posted by Ishwip, Thu Apr-30-09 08:20 AM
But of course, I appreciate your opinion, which is why I posted it.

Here are some other opinions on the man Lone, btw:

"With it's lovingly crafted textures and sun-stroke melodies (not to mention deliciously dope drums) the album seemed to encapsulate the sound of forgotten childhood holidays, utilizing faded lounge-esque samples sounding like they had been lifted from warped cassettes which had spent too much time out in the sun on a car's dashboard".

Perfect^.

"If it had a smell, it'd be seaweed on the breeze. If it had a taste, it'd be saltwater. If it had a texture, it'd be scratchy coral. 'Sea Spray' is about as fitting a title as you could get for a Lemurian track. As well as filling your ears with faded loungey chords, bursts of weathered VHS stings and Hawaiian musical postcards, Lemurian is caked with the thickest punchiest soulfully- shuffled hip hop beats that would satisfy anyone who simply has to nod their head to enjoy themselves. This is also daydream music, you can't listen to it without going off somewhere. Personally, I slip into the daydream of being sucked into the 80s arcade game 'Outrun' and tearing around a looped pixellated parallel to Miami or some other palm-tree-avenued sea front, with Lemurian pumping out of the car stereo of course."

:-)

The funny thing with both of these is my reaction is the same, especially in regards to daydreams or childhood memories. His stuff takes me back to England in the summer, riding trains to London or walking around Peterborough.

Flip it enough? Flip these. Flip off. Go flip some f*cking burgers. (c) Kno