Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectI Just Listened To "Hi-Teknology 2" For The First Time
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3018792&mesg_id=3024585
3024585, I Just Listened To "Hi-Teknology 2" For The First Time
Posted by Dj Joey Joe, Sat May-16-20 11:01 PM
Cause of this post, I remember seeing a used copy of Hi-Tek's second album "Hi-Teknology 2: The Chip" at a local record store, decided to buy it and peep it out and it reminded me why I never bought this album.

I'm sure I never listened to this album all the way thru before, but maybe I heard a few songs or maybe I did a quick skim of it when it first released, either way, it was a let down compared to the first album which I consider a classic; this one seems like he wanted to get that commercial appeal when he left Rawkus.

The music isn't bad, neither is the features, him rapping on it isn't a good look (I guess he wanted to be like Pete Rock & J-Dilla, and do the rapping producer thing too), it's just feels watered-down or not as street as I thought it was going to be.

At least I got the deluxe edition with the three bonus tracks and a bonus dvd (I might watch the dvd sometime next week); I know I'm late to hearing this album, but at least I did, now I see why a few rappers probably stop wanting him for production around this time though.