Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectdisagree
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3020395&mesg_id=3020572
3020572, disagree
Posted by High Society, Wed Nov-27-19 02:10 PM
Carter I is a great southern album with Mannie Fresh, the reintroduction of adult Wayne.

Carter II is a great look at someone who was now comfortable with their mutant capabilities and said I’m about to have FUN with this shit.

Carter III is a classic and it’s my least favorite of the three.
He was the biggest rapper in the world, everyone was waiting for the album and he delivered a mainstream rap masterpiece.
It’s got something for everyone on it.
He was at peak of his powers and gave listeners smash after smash.
The cop car song - great pop song writing for a rap record.
Mr Carter - not just a co-sign but essentially a passing of the torch from Jay-Z.
Creative & imaginative songs we would give credit to someone like DOOM with Dr Carter record with Swizz and Phone Home.
Lollipop - club record that introduced his next phase of rock & singing with auto tune, before he went stupid with it.
Got Money - another classic club record with T-Pain.
Haven’t even mentioned A Milli yet which spawned a million freestyles and is the template for records on albums where rappers are just allowed to blackout and the song can be a single IE backseat freestyle.
Comfortable with babyface is the perfect “girl joint” single.
Tie My Hands is his home town of Nola Katrina record.
Let the Beat Build is classic Kanye.

The album solid 500,000 copies first day. A Million first week.
First album to sell a Million first week in 3 years.
This after multiple delays from bootlegging, essentially redid the album, was a lot of Kanye records on the original if I remember correctly.

Something like 6 singles. He was in the spotlight and delivered a great mainstream album.

Nominated for Grammy album of the year, won Grammy Rap album of the year.