Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjecti don't agree.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2744826&mesg_id=2745025
2745025, i don't agree.
Posted by woe.is.me., Tue Oct-02-12 09:26 AM
would it be bullshit if the original rights holders brought suit against people who didn't clear samples?

or are people just mad because this guy came around and is doing it?

the bottom line is that you have to pay to play.
at this point in the game, no one should be shocked when an attorney comes calling over their uncleared sample use. crying over the person who is suing is kind of a moot point.

the fact that someone has the wherewithall and foresight to recognize that a market can be exploited does not make their actions bullshit. it's sheer capitalism.

and lol @ him asking kids what samples were poppin being some kind of awful practice. why don't you find those kids and be mad at them for telling? maybe if much of this information wasn't so readily available by people on forums and the internet generally who are in a hurry to brag about what sample came from where, it would be a bigger issue.

re: my previous reply.
double O's comment seemed to address the fact that copyright suits were being brought over drum loops specifically, as if they are any less integral to beats/beat making than other loops.