Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectlord finesse suing lupe fiasco for $25 million dollars (swipe)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2737889&mesg_id=2737889
2737889, lord finesse suing lupe fiasco for $25 million dollars (swipe)
Posted by Rawkan, Wed Sep-05-12 08:49 PM
Sep 5 2012 8:24 PM EDT
Lord Finesse Suing Lupe Fiasco for $25 million dollars.
Rapper Lord Finesse alleges that Lupe stole his song.

By Ade Mangum (@HollywoodAde)

90's rapper Lord Finesse and his acting representation, Dennis Mandelbaum, filed legal proceedings in a New York City court on Wednesday against Atlantic Records, songwriter Eumir Deodato, producer Soundtrakk, and Lupe Fiasco.

The paper work, which was obtained exclusively by MTV News, alleged that there is a "clear and obvious plagiarism of (Lord) Finesse's 1996 single 'Gameplan' in the 2007 recording 'Paris, Tokyo' by (Lupe) Fiasco". The suit seeks financial compensation to the tune of no less than $25 million dollars.

MTV News caught up with Lord Finesse on Twitter about his lawsuit, where he had this to say:

"@LordFinesseDITC: it's bigger than the sample. i'm not just suing him because he stole my composition. i'm suing him because his song was wack as f--k." The rapper continued, "@LordFinesseDITC: there's way too much swing on the percussion to match the sample and the chorus was soft as baby s--t. @LordFinesseDITC: these n----s treated my sample like a virgin fumbling through his first piece of p----y! they ruined my song and i deserve to be compensated for that."

Finesse raised eyebrows in July when he filed a similar lawsuit for $10 million dollars against little-engine-that-could rapper Mac Miller for unauthorized usage of one of Finesse' songs.

Lupe Fiasco, who is never short on words while on a press tour promoting an album sat down with MTV's Sway for a full 1-hour interview on the subject. The interview will air on September 25th in conjunction with the release of Fiasco's 4th LP, "Food & Liquor II: The Great American Rap Album Pt. 1".

Dennis Mandelbaum, a 2nd year interning legal aid student at NYU could not be reached for comment as his Metro PCS account had not been topped-up by his Father for this month yet.

MTV will update this story as more information becomes available.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1695021/lord-finesse-lawsuit-2.jhtml