Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectkinda, but
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2680514&mesg_id=2681725
2681725, kinda, but
Posted by forgivenphoenix, Wed Apr-04-12 03:04 PM
there is a fairly sizable number of posters who either don't rank Dre too highly on their all-time producers lists or fault him for using ghost producers or fault him for having his verses ghost written.

i personally don't really buy those arguments about the ghost-help since at least as an MC, people never really checked into the projects Dre rapped on to hear him rap. it was always about the beats. he was serviceable and didn't really detract from his music.

and as far as the ghost producing thing. i just think that's the way some producers work. i mean Organized Noise kinda does the same thing with musicians replaying samples and such, but they're known as a collective and Dre has always been the point man on his projects so i think that's why in the case of Organized Noise it's not a sticking point. plus none of the ghost producers (with the brief exception of Scott Storch) really made anything close in quality or in sales without him, which kind of shows that he does have a great ear for what can be popular.