Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectbut you bodied yourself with your opening statement lol
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2662045&mesg_id=2663861
2663861, but you bodied yourself with your opening statement lol
Posted by Artful Dodger, Sat Feb-18-12 12:15 PM
Prince's last two tours alone proves this to be true.

lol - he's blown ya man Rkelly out the box in that regard and I only say that cause I know things like sales matter to you.

If his albums were going gold and platinum in the 90's - Emancipation placing him on Oprah, and he recently tore down the Grammy's with Beyonce, the NAACP awards the same year, the HOF, then the Superbowl (in the rain at that) how could he not be relevant in the last 30 years? - and your counterpoint is Freddy Jackson live on Bet?

LOL!

Fam.

If you don't see the difference what can I say?

Changed the rules of marketing and sales with Musicology?
Gave away a album for free with the leading newspaper in Europe?
Prince sold out the 02 Arena for over twenty nights straight?
Did the same in LA with the Staple Center?
Tore down the Superbowl with no controversy too - just a damn good show. Not even a overblown, overproduced show with a zillion dancers in Roman gear - just him killing it on guitar.

Mind you the last list of items he did WITHOUT a label.

You have to be kidding right now.

Also I HIGHLY doubt that Freddy Jackson (yes I am laughing my ass off just typing this) has THEE most number 1 R&B songs in music.

No. I refuse to believe it.

That sir is on you to prove I'm not even gonna waste my time in the Whitney Houston/Mariah Carey/Janet Jackson league cause I know better. If I am wrong then you will definitely make me a believer and I'll check him out but Mr. "Jam Tonight" for my money is really nothing but an Apollo TV Show fill in musical guest.

Luther of course is a much much much different story.

Now that's a true blue talent and legend.