Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectI mean... no.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2657554&mesg_id=2657742
2657742, I mean... no.
Posted by Dr_Gonzo, Fri Feb-03-12 05:37 PM
Madonna is in the Guiness Book of World Records for selling albums.
I'm saying that right there puts her at the top. Who's competing? I'm not saying Janet ain't shit, but on a worldwide scale, she just isn't Madonna. Point is, nobody is.

And then, Janet popped her titty out on live national television. I mean, the FCC wasn't happy about that. I'd be surprised if anybody let her ass on live TV after that shit (Andrew Dice Clay knows about this shit too).

And Madonna's old ass isn't surprising anybody. We've gotten all that she has to give. Anything she does, she's doing with legend status now. And if you really think about it, that's exactly where Janet was when she did the titty-pop. You want to talk about double standards, and I'm right there with you, but this shit is not a double standard. Janet popped her titty out on national TV. You do some shit like that, and NOBODY invites you back. I mean, the only person coming back from something like that would have been Michael Jackson, and Michael, she is not (unless you want to get into my conspiracy theory saying that Michael and Janet Jackson really are the same person).
Madonna getting the invite is just Madonna getting the invite. All the wild shit she's done, she hasn't done anything to fuck with the FCC.