Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectHey Love isnt a skit it's a great short song to me & a personal favorite
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2560817&mesg_id=2560926
2560926, Hey Love isnt a skit it's a great short song to me & a personal favorite
Posted by Bombastic, Wed Jun-15-11 07:20 PM
for a variety of reasons both melodic & nostalgic.

Song reminds me of the hottest girl in my high school when I was a freshmen.

She was a junior.

I was bumping De La Is Dead out of a locker boombox (I had the little setup rigged on the top shelf) one day between classes.

She happened to be walking by and heard 'Hey Love' so she stopped to show off the little dance she'd created for it (basically just some cheerleader style arm bar stuff & a couple steps).

As soon as it ended, rewound it & played it again this time with the whole hall watching, me injecting my best Pos mumble/Rick-accent 'anwitchawrinklepussy/Cant Be Your Lover' bit.

Bonded over shared love of De La Soul at that moment & would play it on demand if she was passing my locker at the right time.

For a good stretch I had the rest of the freshmen dudes envious because I was the only one that girl give the time of day too.

I owed it all to the Plugs. Small thing I know but something that still puts a smile on my face twenty years later when I hear that high-note on the piano comes on & the drums kick in on that one.