Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWhy does it feel like America has turned on EV’s?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13502182
13502182, Why does it feel like America has turned on EV’s?
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Apr-16-24 01:14 PM
My car is old and I’m starting to peak at EV’s but lately its been a lot of articles shitting on EV’s or just pointing out how they aren’t moving off the lot.

My aunt old school but the way she was ranting about EV’s was a bit over the top. Like it was going against God.

13502186, Trump turned on them. There goes half of America.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Tue Apr-16-24 01:21 PM
Your AUnt might be watching Fox News.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"
13502189, everything isn’t about Trump..
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Apr-16-24 01:26 PM
and she hates white folk

13502248, Ok but why do you think this isn't about Trump?
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Tue Apr-16-24 05:09 PM

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"
13502190, power grid/recharging stations?
Posted by PROMO, Tue Apr-16-24 01:28 PM
seems like there's not anywhere near enough places to recharge.

also, lets say you live in a big apartment complex...where you gonna plug up? it's not like you plugging up in your driveway or garage if you have house.

even if you could do something as silly as running an extension cord outta your apartment, your parking spot might be 200 feet from your apartment.

just seems like there's a lot of infrastructure issues holding them back from popularity.

then, you probably got the oil companies working behind the scenes to bury that shit in whatever ways possible.
13502195, def a problem for folks in apartments
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Apr-16-24 01:37 PM
coworker said his apt refused to let someone install one in their designated parking spot.

the recharging is what turned me off from them but we solved that by having a hybrid for long trips.

I’m leaning towards an EV for city driving. Really can’t see any reason not to get one since we have a house.

Price is the primary factor.
13502241, RE: power grid/recharging stations?
Posted by jrocc, Tue Apr-16-24 04:25 PM
>seems like there's not anywhere near enough places to
>recharge.
>
>also, lets say you live in a big apartment complex...where you
>gonna plug up? it's not like you plugging up in your driveway
>or garage if you have house.

You don't need to charge nearly as much as you think. You'd like to plug in and fully charge every day but you don't have to. I've gone days without plugging in and it's just fine. After a while you'll get over the range anxiety and feeling like you constantly need to charge. You'll get to know the charge spots in your area and along your route. You'll get to know which ones are more and less busy and when the best times to go are. It might cost you a little more to have to go to a public charger, but it's still so much cheaper than buying gas.

>
>just seems like there's a lot of infrastructure issues holding
>them back from popularity.
>
>then, you probably got the oil companies working behind the
>scenes to bury that shit in whatever ways possible.

The infrastructure could be better for sure. They are working on it and there's legal issues even holding them back, but it's not at all impossible and actually works better than you think depending where you live. Takes a little bit of research.
13502191, Conservatives, plus people are fucking stupid….
Posted by seasoned vet, Tue Apr-16-24 01:30 PM
Ive seen several videos of people shitting on EVs saying the mileage is misleading or outright lying due to how the expected mileage drops based on which features you use during your trip, (A/C, towing, etc.)

Yet gas vehicle mileage works on the same concept.

The other aggravating complaint is lack of charging stations or long lines as if it wont get better. Im sure the same complaints were said when gas cars rolled out years ago
13502204, Simple as that.
Posted by Brew, Tue Apr-16-24 01:57 PM
Pretty much every major issue in the country and world can be boiled down to just that.

>RE: Conservatives
13502192, I love our Model Y. Got it new last spring. That being said…
Posted by soulfunk, Tue Apr-16-24 01:33 PM
Elon being Elon has killed a lot of the excitement around EVs.
13502196, rented a model Y and it was fine
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Apr-16-24 01:42 PM
a little sparse on the inside but waking up at the resort and the car being full every morning from a free charger was convenient af.

Elon is an ass..

going to test a few EV’a and see if these other brands hold up
13502205, i don't KNOW if Elon distaste is part of it, but it FEELS like it.
Posted by PROMO, Tue Apr-16-24 01:58 PM
probably doesn't help that Tesla is getting a lot of bad publicity in the last year outside of Elon but just cuz of the product itself.
13502210, I just found a stash lot for Tesla’s around my way
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Apr-16-24 02:22 PM
we have a Tesla dealership a mile from the house and a few streets over there are hundreds of them hidden on a lot behind some businesses.

they also wasted so much good capital on that dumb ass truck and a mission to mars.. and twitter.

if dude just stfu and kept improving on these cars it wouldve been great
13502270, that cybertruck is an abomination
Posted by Mynoriti, Wed Apr-17-24 01:51 AM
I hadnt seen one up close until recently.
I generally like Teslas but christ that thing is a fucking eyesore.
It's crazy people are paying 100k for that goofy shit.

it looks like the car version of Kanye's clothing designs
13502293, Tesla halts cyber truck sales due to accelerator pedal design
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Apr-17-24 09:44 AM
https://www.govtech.com/question-of-the-day/why-did-tesla-suddenly-halt-sales-of-its-infamous-cybertruck

13502296, DEI at fault?
Posted by Mynoriti, Wed Apr-17-24 10:36 AM
Like he blamed for the Boeing door?

Meanwhile he just laid off 10% of his workforce
13502319, so weird how they blame everything on Black and Brown folk
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Apr-17-24 01:12 PM
13502203, Americans love big cars and don't want to change
Posted by shygurl, Tue Apr-16-24 01:56 PM
I honestly think a big part of it is Americans love those obnoxious extended cab trucks and oversized SUVs and just don't want to give them up. The car companies have done an excellent job in selling the lie of a bigger car is more safe, a bigger car grants higher status, a bigger car is needed to carry shit, and people have eaten it up hook, line, and sinker.

What we need to do imo is start taxing more heavily those gigantic shits and make people actually pay for the societal harm they do.

Additionally, Tesla has been the face of EVs for the past few years, and given how much bad press they've had, people associate EVs with Tesla/Elon.
13502206, tbh these lil trucks should be the only trucks sold to consumers lol
Posted by shygurl, Tue Apr-16-24 02:03 PM
https://carbuzz.com/news/americans-are-saving-lots-of-money-by-importing-small-japanese-trucks/
13502219, damn, that' s not sexy lol
Posted by tariqhu, Tue Apr-16-24 03:05 PM
that'll be a hard sell for the big truck folks that never use the bed for hauling more than an occasional mattress.
13502232, not sexy but functional and cost efficient
Posted by shygurl, Tue Apr-16-24 03:59 PM
Those particular ones are old, but I think a modern version updated with better safety features and continuing the lack of electronics could lead the way to reducing the size of trucks and increasing gas efficiency.
13502211, but they make the same big vehicles as EVs
Posted by seasoned vet, Tue Apr-16-24 02:27 PM
13502212, not all of them.
Posted by shygurl, Tue Apr-16-24 02:35 PM
To be fair tho, that brings up another point, the association of fossil fuels usage as somehow being more masculine and less (cringey? embarrassing? fringe radical leftist?) as compared to more environmentally friendly fuel sources.
13502231, i didnt say all, why does all matter? point is, they exist….
Posted by seasoned vet, Tue Apr-16-24 03:59 PM
so it cant be wait you claim about an obsession with big vehicles.
13502234, and did I say that's the only reason?
Posted by shygurl, Tue Apr-16-24 04:10 PM
No. How about this, lack of EVs with a long bed? Better? *rolls eyes*
13502239, atleast 2 have long beds, your reasons arent reasons
Posted by seasoned vet, Tue Apr-16-24 04:23 PM
13502250, 2 🥴🥴🥴
Posted by shygurl, Tue Apr-16-24 05:18 PM
Look agree or disagree but get outta trying to pretend that Americans don't want a certain type of car, and EVs don't fit that image of what they been socialized to want.
13502224, EVs don't solve the problem of reliance on car infrastructure, pollution...
Posted by flipnile, Tue Apr-16-24 03:13 PM
...and the waste of space dedicated to cars. Car tires (which gas, diesel & electric cars all use) account for a significant amount of the pollution that cars produce.

https://e360.yale.edu/features/tire-pollution-toxic-chemicals
https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2023/07/electric-vehicles-tires-wearing-out-particulates/674750/

EVs basically shift the problem from one type of toxic pollution to another (gas to batteries).

A real solution for the US would be to start reducing the amount of commercial & personal car ownership (as well as commercial trucking) as possible, while also building useful mass transit and designing cities and tons in a way that actually makes sense, instead of endless sprawl.

With that said, I don't think the above is why EVs have fallen out of favor somewhat. I think that the limitations (charging locations & time, max driving distance per charge, cost & cost of repairs) are the biggest factors.
13502226, We didn’t need 2 cars in Philly. I could walk to work
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Apr-16-24 03:30 PM
but in the south you definitely need a car unless you live and work inside a cities loop.

and part of the reason I moved south was for cheaper housing prices. No way I can justify paying 3,000 a month for a 2 bedroom condo in Charlotte.

13502243, I think the next step for me will be one of those electric bicycles
Posted by flipnile, Tue Apr-16-24 04:28 PM
That would replace my motorcycle for riding around the city, and I can get away with using the bike trails so I don't have to deal with much traffic like on the moto. Won't wear me out as much as my pedal-only bike. Being able to charge them overnight in my house is a good too, as I don't have to get a charging station installed.

Are these technically EVs?

I want to move out of the city one day, but I also *really* don't like driving, so anywhere unwalkable is out (unless I'm wealthy enough to not have to leave my house & property except for market runs & travelling). Hoping to find a dope walkable small town to retire to.
13502274, small town living close to a city is the sweet spot
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Apr-17-24 07:30 AM
I grew to despise my small town but years later we all talk about how dope it was to be able to ride bikes, play ball in the street or at a park and basically roam free all day.. all while still being able to catch a bus uptown every 20 minutes.

13502238, Everything is political unfortunately
Posted by jrocc, Tue Apr-16-24 04:16 PM
Shouldn’t be that way but it is. Outright misinformation being put out about EVs by people who "don't want EVs to happen" and unfortunately people believe it. Whenever people see my car I get the same few questions like they're reading off a script.

Just about every worry about getting an EV is either completely unfounded or not nearly as big a deal as you think once you get one. Like I said in the other post, wish I had gotten mine sooner. The wife is even starting to come around and has been driving my car lately when she wants to go somewhere. I’m seeing more and more EVs on the road all the time. It’s catching on slowly but surely.

Unfortunately most people associate EVs with Tesla/Elon. I just like to remind people that all EVs are not Tesla. They may be the most well-known but there are MANY MANY other choices.
13502240, ^^^^^^^^^ 100%
Posted by soulfunk, Tue Apr-16-24 04:25 PM
>Whenever people
>see my car I get the same few questions like they're reading
>off a script.

I know right? Same questions. "I heard the battery can explode and burn your house down!" "But you can't go on long trips!" "I heard the battery only lasts a couple years!"

>Unfortunately most people associate EVs with Tesla/Elon. I
>just like to remind people that all EVs are not Tesla. They
>may be the most well-known but there are MANY MANY other
>choices.

Yep. Like it or not Elon has been the face of the EV world. Sucks because he's an idiot. Also I'd say that those who buy EVs are more likely to be liberal leaning, and his takes on politics have killed a lot of the ownership pride that folks used to have. I know my next EV won't be a Tesla...I'll likely go with a Rivian R1S.
13502246, I live in the Bay, and they're in high demand.
Posted by mrhood75, Tue Apr-16-24 04:41 PM
My parents were looking into getting one, and there was a six-month waiting list. And I still see them everywhere. Last week, I spotted two of those ass-ugly Tesla SUVs out in the wild for the first time.

I do think that even out here, there's still not enough infrastructure set up for widespread EV use. And we're probably a decade away from that. And they're REALLY fucking expensive. Like, used cars cost so damn much these days, and an EV is damn near impossible to conceive buying right now.
13502251, there are TONS of chargers in the Bay Area
Posted by jrocc, Tue Apr-16-24 05:53 PM
Go to www.plugshare.com and look at anywhere in the Bay Area and you will see chargers just about everywhere. Even if you single it out to just one of the services like Electrify America there's tons of charger options. You're right near Silicon Valley, they will be well covered I'm sure. There's lots of places that really don't have a lot of options but that area is not one of them. Seeing as how most will charge at home, ya'll are well covered out there. Infrastructure is not a problem there.
13502269, It's fine in places like Oakland, SF, Berkeley, Alameda, etc.
Posted by mrhood75, Wed Apr-17-24 12:40 AM
However, the population around here is much more spread out due to housing costs. And charging stations are a lot fewer and far between in the suburbs. Sure, my job might have a lot of charging stations, but where I live, it's like there are many (if any) charging spots in supermarket parking lots.
13502255, I’ll lay out my questions/issues specifically - and maybe I can learn something
Posted by DJR, Tue Apr-16-24 06:21 PM
First, I think it is largely political in many cases.

I want EVs to succeed, but why I didn’t buy one and haven’t really considered it yet:

I want to keep my vehicle 10+ years so I can go 5+ years without a car payment. Will EV’s have the longevity and low cost of ownership? Will they go 300,000 miles and only need new tires and brakes every once in awhile?

Those are qualities I wanted in my vehicle (went with a Toyota 4Runner - known for reliability, durability and low cost of ownership), and I just don’t know if EVs are there yet?

Down the road, would I be able to get a 15 year old EV with 200,000 miles on it for a low price and ride it until the wheels fall off? Because at this point I have it in my mind to maybe do that with a Camry or even a Prius as a second vehicle that gets better gas mileage, maybe 5 years from now. Would love it if EVs prove to be a good, long lasting option.
13502261, it's a matter of perspective imo
Posted by jrocc, Tue Apr-16-24 07:04 PM
>First, I think it is largely political in many cases.
>
>I want EVs to succeed, but why I didn’t buy one and
>haven’t really considered it yet:
>
>I want to keep my vehicle 10+ years so I can go 5+ years
>without a car payment. Will EV’s have the longevity and
>low cost of ownership? Will they go 300,000 miles and only
>need new tires and brakes every once in awhile?

The life of an EV is about the same as any other car. They have been around for a long time now in regular production. I can't promise 300,000 miles as I've personally never gotten that from any gas car that I've ever had, but otherwise it should be similar lifespan.

The cost of ownership is ridiculously low. Keep in mind that you're not buying gas, not getting oil changes or tune-ups. The amount of money you save from that alone is $1000's yearly. Personally I've had mine about 5 or 6 months and I've spent less to charge it in all that time that I would have spent in gas in just 1 month. Costs me about $30-$40 monthly on my electric bill at home versus easily $300-$400 monthly in gas. That alone is worth it to me.

>
>Those are qualities I wanted in my vehicle (went with a Toyota
>4Runner - known for reliability, durability and low cost of
>ownership), and I just don’t know if EVs are there yet?
>
>Down the road, would I be able to get a 15 year old EV with
>200,000 miles on it for a low price and ride it until the
>wheels fall off? Because at this point I have it in my mind
>to maybe do that with a Camry or even a Prius as a second
>vehicle that gets better gas mileage, maybe 5 years from now.
> Would love it if EVs prove to be a good, long lasting
>option.

I don't know if that's something anyone can answer. You're asking about the future. Again, I have never purchased a used vehicle and gotten an additional 200k miles out it it. I'd love to know what kind of cars you're dealing with. I will say that they are predicting that the batteries should last longer than the cars itself. So is it possible that there's a future market to fix up the outer shell of a car and sell it with a used battery? Maybe? Not sure I can give a solid answer on that.
13502265, Appreciate the info
Posted by DJR, Tue Apr-16-24 07:33 PM
I’m definitely rooting for them.

Next time I travel and need to rent a car, I’m hoping to rent an EV to at least see how it is to drive one and experience the charging aspect. Probably sounds crazy if you’re used to it, but when you have zero experience with it, it might be an adjustment.

I didn’t mean put an additional 200k on an old car - just meant picking one up with a lot of miles on it already and a low price and keeping it going. I know Camry’s have a rep of just going and going.

Beyond reliability and durability I largely went with a 4Runner because:
1) I live in the snow belt and there are times when being able to pull out of the driveway despite having a foot of snow, without worrying about shoveling or plowing is very convenient.

2) I’ve gotten into camping recently, and want to be able to put the back seat down and put an air mattress in the back and sleep right in the vehicle.

But down the road it might be nice to have a smaller car that gets great gas mileage to drive in other situations. Perhaps by then it’ll be an EV I go with for that role though.
13502275, My main drawback was long trips
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Apr-17-24 07:39 AM
someone on OKP actually suggested renting one on a trip. Everything was fine once I figured out how to work the trunk and adapting to the cqr aropping almost immediately after you take your foot off the gas.

The battery paranoia is real AF. I kept looking at the charge go down and all was
fine until I got back to the city and needed to charge it before returning it.

I couldn’t find a charger since someone was plugged in already at the hotel.

This is a real concern and its why I would only get one for city driving. Passing up 12 gas stations looking for a charger is mot a good way to convince someone EV’s are the future… lol.

That being said, I still want one for my daily commute and I would definitely have to put a charger in at the house. Its a no brainer for me if as our second car if you are a 2 car family
13502403, See, I make long trips
Posted by DJR, Thu Apr-18-24 06:46 PM
I just drove to Richmond and then Charlotte to visit family. Used to fly when it was just Charlotte because it’s an easy direct flight, but now that I’ve got family in Richmond too, I can cheaply hit both if I drive. I’m not trying to play around in the middle of Pennsylvania looking for chargers after driving 8 hours - I’m on a damn mission at that point.

Also, living in Cuse - it’s fine for what it is, but definitely gotta get out sometimes and it’s far easier and cheaper and not much more time consuming to just drive to NYC, Boston, Toronto, Montreal than it is to fly.
13502406, would definitely do hybrid or plug-in hybrid
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Apr-19-24 08:06 AM
aint no one got time for that on long trips

13502272, It’s just the news cycle
Posted by Cocobrotha2, Wed Apr-17-24 06:04 AM
When something is new and exciting, they focus on the potential of the new technology.

As it starts to become a lot more common and really starts to influence society, they start focusing on the negatives (where we currently are with EVs)

Soon they won’t be news at all… we’ll just accept there are certain use cases for EVs and there are times you’ll probably still need an ICE car.
13502278, saying that sales growth has slowed doesn't mean they aren't selling
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Apr-17-24 07:47 AM
also, the idea oil companies are fighting them is hilarious

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
13502281, Are there any EV drivers in NASCAR or monster truck events?
Posted by 3CardMolly, Wed Apr-17-24 08:54 AM
That would give a big boost to American’s confidence in choosing an EV over oil&gas vehicles.

13502291, nah, you can’t just show up with an EV at a Nascar race.
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Apr-17-24 09:39 AM
13502311, When has anyone just “shown up” to a professional sport
Posted by 3CardMolly, Wed Apr-17-24 12:18 PM
I know youre in your feelings, but let it go.
13502316, nigga.. you really asked if there are any EV’s in Nascar
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Apr-17-24 12:53 PM
and have the nerve to suggest I’m in my feelings

stop smoking..

wait.. you actually think I meant a random person showing up to race at Nascar?

Yeah.. STOP SMOKING!!!

I was talking about a racing team showing up with an EV. They have strict rules in Nascar. First off, it wouldn’t be fair since an EV doesn’t need to hit the pits to get gas. Second, the car would be heavy AF, third, if the EV needed to recharge its losing because pit stops are 15 seconds and it takes 10 minutes minimum to charge an EV.

STOP SMOKING ALL THE SMOKES!!!

now, they do have a Formula E racing league that is all electric cars.

13502332, lol right. And not only that, in EVERY racing organization there
Posted by soulfunk, Wed Apr-17-24 04:30 PM
are strict rules of exactly what type of engines they can use. NASCAR is only V8 engines. The size is the same for all cars (I believe it’s 5.8 liters). The individual parts have requirements. They get inspected to ensure that everything is consistent.

A team using an EV would be like them showing up with a motorcycle like “let’s go!”
13502339, lmao at thinking I meant a random person in a Tesla
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Apr-17-24 08:06 PM
cant show up to the Daytona 500 to race.

what in the entire fuck??

13502487, .
Posted by 3CardMolly, Sun Apr-21-24 10:25 AM
https://www.forbes.com/sites/gregengle/2024/01/23/nascar-to-debut-all-electric-racecar-sports-future-could-be-elsewhere-however/?sh=60800e5b3f22

So I guess its not just me smoking.
13502334, I'm going to assume you mean spectators
Posted by jrocc, Wed Apr-17-24 05:10 PM
You're asking if people showing up to NASCAR races are arriving in EVs, right? Basically, are NASCAR fans EV owners? Not sure how anyone could know that, but just doing some googling and it seems that have promoted events about green technology, including EV chargers, so it would seem that they expect some of their fans are aware of EVs.

https://www.charlottemotorspeedway.com/media/news/charlotte-motor-speedway-solar-promote-revolutionary-green-technology-during-days-nascar-thunder.html

If you are talking about EV races, NASCAR doesn't do that but there is an EV racing circuit called Formula E that is all electric race cars since 2014. There's also an electric off-road race called Extreme E that's been going on since 2021.
13502488, RE: I'm going to assume you mean spectators
Posted by 3CardMolly, Sun Apr-21-24 10:30 AM
I should’ve googled first. Nascar just debut an electric car earlier this year according to this article…
https://www.forbes.com/sites/gregengle/2024/01/23/nascar-to-debut-all-electric-racecar-sports-future-could-be-elsewhere-however/?sh=60800e5b3f22

I doubt many if any of nascar fans bother with EV’s.

13502490, An adage we should all live by:
Posted by JayEmm, Sun Apr-21-24 12:39 PM
>I should’ve googled first.
13502314, Wife and I have been eyeballing the Volvo & Toyota EVs
Posted by JayEmm, Wed Apr-17-24 12:33 PM
Also located in the Bay Area so we've been surrounded by Teslas for years. We considered joining the party for quite some time but while the technology is obviously impressive, their actual build quality is a legitimate concern.
13502317, I’m looking at the Volvo X30, Nissan SUV and the Toyota EV
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Apr-17-24 01:01 PM
also peaking at the VW but they funny when it comes to electronics… lol.

13502333, I've been looking at the Mustang Mach E
Posted by Lach, Wed Apr-17-24 04:36 PM
I've just about been set on that. Just waiting for my daughter to finish college so I'm not paying tuition for 2 kids at once anymore.
13502341, in the US it['s kind of a bad time to buy an EV
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Apr-17-24 09:50 PM
the cars with NACS ports built in won't start coming out until later this year / next year

and if you don't have one you're going to be dongling it up for a long time

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
13502393, a lot of Tesla owners already use dongles
Posted by jrocc, Thu Apr-18-24 03:39 PM
Whenever you see them at a non-Tesla station, they're on a dongle. Ford is giving a free dongle to anyone who fills out a form (gotta do it by June). I also think it will be a while before everything is fully switched over. A lot of charging stations still have CHAdeMO charging cords just in case anyone has an old Leaf they're still driving around. I'm sure the change will be gradual.
13502410, RE: EV owner
Posted by double 0, Fri Apr-19-24 10:12 AM
I've had a 3 for over a year and fucking love it. Few things:

- Live in Cali
- I wanted an EV6 but my boy who had a few Tesla's really steered me away from anything that isn't a tesla if I didnt have a charging station at home due to the network.
- Have free chargepoint stations at the office.

The majority of my experience has been phenomenal. There was MASSIVE range anxiety in the beginning but I've learned a lot about the range since.

In the future I would likely go for a long range (300 mile) vehicle and I likely wouldnt get a non tesla until all the superchargers allow other manufacturers on the network.
13502412, Blame the manufacturers
Posted by MEAT, Fri Apr-19-24 10:41 AM
They focused on rolling expensive expensive models first as opposed to volume numbers
The Hummer, The Silverado, them joints are just TOO big and TOO much money
Stallantis went with the small battery in a Jeep first with only 20 miles of battery
... Cybertruck
The Lighting was announced at 40k, when reservations came out that joint was 80k
Meanwhile the creative folks at Canoo couldn't produce so they dedicated a majority of their resources to supply Amazon and Nasa instead of brining to commercial markets
So all folks were left with was a spate of CUVs that basically all performed the same, with no mass charging network
And there's no real use case for them for the average person. Not at those price points.
Both of mine I bought used, what is the real incentive to buy a new one right now?