Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectone of those viral Gen Z employee videos was going around yesterday
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13496775&mesg_id=13496839
13496839, one of those viral Gen Z employee videos was going around yesterday
Posted by Mynoriti, Tue Jan-09-24 01:46 PM
Im not on tiktok but it was a tiktok of a retail employee ranting about how hard it is working 40 hours a week and she can't afford to live in her own place and pay all her bills the way we could when we were her age (we couldn't afford our own place on a Walmart salary either back then, but..) and how our generation fucked everything up for her

I see these every once a while, like a Starbucks employee crying in his car how hard life is because he had to work a 9 hour shift

They generally get met with a few in support, but mostly dogpiles and quote tweets from older millenals and GenXers on how soft and entitled Gen Z is

And I'll admit to having initial reactions to these types of videos but mostly I try to think about all the goofy know-it-all opinions and complaints I had when I was 19 or 20 that just weren't put out there for the whole world to shit on