Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subject** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13493791
13493791, ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **
Posted by Geah, Wed Nov-01-23 12:41 PM
Zz
13493810, Mama, I made it
Posted by spades, Thu Nov-02-23 10:23 AM
but...

Is this all there is? I mean, I could ascend to CEO and then I guess everything would be different, but I thought the same thing before I hit CFO, Iono man, it all just seems kinda the same

also, I'm kinda over working for other folks. Again, this could be changed when I hit CEO, but again, past evidence says probably not.

Maybe it's time to just do my own thing.

and yes I know this shit reads, wah wah wah, poor little rich boy. lol

that being said...

wah wah wah. :(
13493814, You a CFO now?? Big shot!
Posted by handle, Thu Nov-02-23 11:17 AM
I somehow doubt becoming CEO would change much.

Turns out that success in business doesn't necessarily bring happiness or fulfillment.

At least with money you can remove *some* problems, but Ma$e rightly pointed out that having more money can sometimes bring more problems.

Doing your own thing seems like the next logical step, but there are many private company owners who are miserable too.

13493820, For the 3rd time now. believe it or not.
Posted by spades, Thu Nov-02-23 12:32 PM
seems wild. I been lightweight gunning for this my whole career then all of a sudden shit just kinda locked into place. *shrug*

Probably could have got here sooner had I not been bullshitting most of the time.
13493817, Poor little rich spades.. jk
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Nov-02-23 12:03 PM
congrats man, that's major.

I would suggest finding a charity or cause you can put some time into to fill some of that empty in your bucket.

cause the reality is yes, this is it

"A job aint nothing but work?" -Mo Money
13493821, lol let me clarify, I'm not rich!
Posted by spades, Thu Nov-02-23 12:32 PM
I wish the fuck I was, but not yet.

13493822, What is rich anyways?
Posted by handle, Thu Nov-02-23 01:17 PM
I mean I have retirement savings, a condo and savings but I don't "feel" rich. (And by the IRS definition I'm not even 1/3 of the way there.)

I think someone with a $40k year job and $30k in the bank and a mortgage might think someone who owns a condo outright and makes $100k a year is 'rich.' But the person making $100k doesn't feel rich.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/income-level-considered-rich-140003986.html#:~:text=Based%20on%20that%20figure%2C%20an,%24819%2C324%20or%20more%20each%20year.

What Is a Rich Monthly Income?

The amount of money you need to make each month to be rich depends on which metric you’re using. If you’re going by the IRS standard, then you’d need to make approximately $45,000 a month to be rich. On the other hand, if you’re aiming for the top 1% as measured by the EPI, you’d need a monthly income of $68,277.

I'll bet you're rich compared the 25 year younger version of yourself!
13493840, lol
Posted by spades, Thu Nov-02-23 03:08 PM

>I'll bet you're rich compared the 25 year younger version of
>yourself!

Well yeah! Of course, but honestly just feels like the same cycle of paying bills buying shit going to work as it always has

I got some cushion now. Couldn't say I'm paycheck to paycheck anymore, but I can't say I don't 'need' my job any less than I did then.
13494552, Statistically ~$250k annual income, from whatever source.
Posted by spades, Wed Nov-15-23 02:53 PM
13493895, you said poor little rich boy
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Nov-03-23 01:31 PM
I was joking but if you aren’t doing damn well as a CFO you got hosed on your title

I’m hunting right now but thankfully I have an emergency stash, a lil compensation package and a wife with a full time gig.

what I did realize is as soon as I got the slip, I immediately tightened my belt and realized I was just burning through cash because I was on autopilot.

Now I’m mentoring a young man at my kids elementary school and looking for a gig with a better work/life balance. I wasn’t getting home until 6pm and would only spend an hour with the kids before bed.

Get that money but live life and take ALL that vacation time to reset or remember what living is about.

Congrats on making CFO. That is some big dog shit right there.
13493911, It's an expression, I'm just saying I realize I have a lot to be grateful for
Posted by spades, Fri Nov-03-23 03:36 PM
I'm doing ok on my title. For my industry and experience level, my salary is in line with standards.

I could be making more, and likely will a little bit down the line.
13493833, Is there an actual suite for the C-Suite executives?
Posted by flipnile, Thu Nov-02-23 02:36 PM
Like, do you get a key to the 'special' bathroom like on the Simpsons when Homer grew hair? lol

13493839, lmao
Posted by spades, Thu Nov-02-23 03:04 PM
Yes at certain organizations

but that's really only for LARGE orgs. I'm at a smaller one.
13493894, congrats! kudos for climbing that ladder.
Posted by tariqhu, Fri Nov-03-23 01:29 PM
I often see folks at director level and can't imagine how they keep up with everything on their plates.

lots of long days and reports out the ass.
13493816, thought had a detached retina
Posted by Mynoriti, Thu Nov-02-23 11:24 AM
was at a football game out of state and towards the end got crazy bad floaters in one eye where I could barely see out of it

figured the stadium lights threw something out of whack and it would settle in a cpl hours. flight home nothing... try to sleep it off.. still the same. finally hit the ER the next day because incessant googling had me thinking I might lose my eye if I didn't hurry. They sent me to opthomology that day, turns out I have a small retinal hole and what I'm looking at is blood. They did a 5 minute laser procedure to repair it, and it's all done but I still gotta look thru blood for a couple months till it goes away.

overall just happy it was really minor. I might go get a pirate patch for when I need to focus though
13493818, Slick Rick
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Nov-02-23 12:04 PM
13493819, Raider Nation
Posted by Mynoriti, Thu Nov-02-23 12:08 PM
13493830, Samesies. Except I had my eyeball frozen (cryopexy)
Posted by Sponge, Thu Nov-02-23 02:03 PM
Shit was disgusting. Eyeball got deformed and gooey. And it turned into a lazy eye. Eyeball blob hanging over bottom eyelid, etc. I didn't have a detached retina but there was too much blood from the retinal tear so a laser couldn't do the job....

when I first got in to ophthalmology, the doctor asked me what could I see on the eye exam chart. That is, walk up to it until I could see. I walked up all the way to the wall and still couldn't see it was blurry/muddy/foggy.

It was my 3rd retinal tear in, like, 3 months. Both eyes. 2 in the left. The worst one in the right.

Overall, 5 tears in 10 years. All laser procedures except the one cryopexy.

There's animation of how that black curtain would look like if you had a detached retina. I thought I was seeing that, but it was brownish. But it was just blood moving around my eye like a wave.

But yeah, any new floaters all of a sudden. Mine looked kinda like a tornado. Less so flashing lights/dots. Black curtain. Go to the ER or ophthalmologist, immediately.
13493837, ya, tornado is a good description
Posted by Mynoriti, Thu Nov-02-23 02:54 PM
all the examples I looked up were like no, no, sort of.. but I had no flashing lights.
Best I could come up with was it was like looking through a veil with a map design on it except it moves around with my eye. Tornado is good tho lol.
Looking forward (no pun) to it clearing up

but holy shit, why so many tears for you? all they told me for mine is that it's just age or could be genetic
13493845, RE: ya, tornado is a good description
Posted by Sponge, Thu Nov-02-23 04:00 PM
Yea, man, all I did was bend over to pick up stuff from the ground (not heavy at all) and when I straightened back up, this huge swirl appeared whirling like a tornado. Lasted for a few minutes. Guess it was the initial rush of blood. Then it became a bunch of huge floaters, then blurry/foggy, then brown/muddy. However, for about a week before that, when I was reading I noticed at a certain spot in my vision that letters were incomplete. Like a gap in the letter o, a, m, for example. Also, maybe the night before, an arc of flash of light. So, I guess the initial tear happened a while before, but a blood vessel ruptured then it got bad fast.

The other tear before this, all of a sudden there were hundreds of tiny bubble floaters and flashes of light.

According to my doctor, nearsighted people are at higher risk for tears and detachment because the muscles pull more and apply more force on the retina. Odd thing is that the worst tear happened in my better eye. Another risk factor is how viscous the vitreous is. But, the good news is that the older we get, the vitreous becomes more fluid and less thick and less pulling force on the retina.

Impact/combat sports/training increases risk. High power movements, too, like Olympic Weightlifting. I've given up plyometrics and basketball. Even stopped deadlifting. I suspect that weighted neck training contributed to my most recent tear. I still train my neck, but do it slowly.

Doctor said sleeping upright/inclined would help clear the blood faster, but it still took almost 3 weeks for the blurriness/fog to go away. Beyond 6 months I still saw dried blood fragments (black dots).

Glad your procedure was just quick laser and it wasn't a detachment.
13493892, crazy, man. thanks for sharing
Posted by Mynoriti, Fri Nov-03-23 01:26 PM
I read that about nearsightedness. Not nearsighted, even had 20/20 up until a few years ago, now wear progressives mostly for reading, etc..

I always associated "detached retina" with getting punched in the face, but all i heard from both eye doctors is "as we age..". I was like, I drank alot the night before, could it be that?" but basically they were like nahh you're just old Lol

Def gonna try sleeping more upright if that helps clear it sooner
13493838, that's scary
Posted by makaveli, Thu Nov-02-23 02:59 PM
glad you're okay.
13493841, freaked me out for sure lol
Posted by Mynoriti, Thu Nov-02-23 03:12 PM
thanks man
13493906, My mom had a similar issue, and got a laser procedure done
Posted by flipnile, Fri Nov-03-23 02:38 PM
That was years ago, and seems to have gone pretty well.

How are you feeling now?
13494284, ahh good to know!
Posted by Mynoriti, Thu Nov-09-23 01:25 PM
>That was years ago, and seems to have gone pretty well.
>
>How are you feeling now?

I'm straight. the blood is lessening. part of it is I jist got more used to it but i can tell its a bit clearer. other than that I feel normal.

they said up to 3 months but i feel like it will prob be all gone in a couple weeks

13493890, My lady constantly parks facing the wrong way, and doesn't set...
Posted by flipnile, Fri Nov-03-23 12:56 PM
...the parking brake. I get in the car after her and it's rocking back and forth, and I can't see if a car is coming when I first start pulling out.

She's from the south... is that what it is?
13493891, yeah, unless there is a sign you can park a car any way you want
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Nov-03-23 01:22 PM
in the south on side streets or in neighborhoods

we dont give a fuck

but unless you are on a hill in Manyunk who the hell uses a parking break in Philly?

13493904, Old habit, parents' house is on a hill so when I learned to drive...
Posted by flipnile, Fri Nov-03-23 02:35 PM
...I always set it. Also, my college GF had a stick shift and she taught me how to drive one and told me it wears on the clutch if the brake isn't set. That, and the car could just roll away on a hill without it, lol. Not sure if that's true or not, but I just applied that to automatics. Our street is flat now so I guess we don't need it, but it seems weird to me to not use it.

>but unless you are on a hill in Manyunk who the hell uses a parking
>break in Philly?

13493893, does she park backwards?
Posted by tariqhu, Fri Nov-03-23 01:26 PM
I can't say if that's southern, but that's what a lot of people do rather than having to reverse getting out of the parking spot.

I rarely use my parking brake. maybe if I'm on hill.
13493896, unless its 2 panes each way I’m getting in that space and cant risk
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Nov-03-23 01:32 PM
someone else getting it while I circle the block.
13493900, you be having the whole parking deck backed up lol
Posted by tariqhu, Fri Nov-03-23 01:44 PM
nah, I get it. I park backwards a lot too.
13493903, Parallel parking facing traffic on a two-way street
Posted by flipnile, Fri Nov-03-23 02:24 PM
Like if she sees a spot on the other side of the street, she'll just cut across the street and pull in, instead of making a U-turn and parking.

Like the car in this article: https://www.kiro7.com/traffic/why-do-seattle-drivers-park-wrong-way-and-why-dont/246866990/
13493907, yeah, that would annoy me too.
Posted by tariqhu, Fri Nov-03-23 02:38 PM
I could see if it's temporary, but overnight, nah.
13494148, RE: ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **
Posted by 3CardMolly, Wed Nov-08-23 10:48 AM
While working at a h.s. for a week and a student (age 16) was shot and killed about a block away coming out of a store. Why is it the school never made mention of the student, just continued business as usual. No talk of preventive measures to violence, no recognition of his young life and according to fellow classmates the kid wasn’t a banger etc.

I’ve never known a school to be so dismissive.
13494149, Jesus..
Posted by spades, Wed Nov-08-23 10:59 AM
13494187, What's your theory why?
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Nov-08-23 02:51 PM
Purposely trying to downplay?

In a state of shock about what happened?

Not equipped to address?

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"
13494400, RE: What's your theory why?
Posted by 3CardMolly, Sun Nov-12-23 11:10 AM
I was thinking the kid was banging and perhaps the school didn’t want to further put themselves in it but that makes no sense when the news already reported the kid was a student of said school.

I was also wondering if the school was just waiting for more info to come out in addressing the student’s demise, but as the week went by, nothing.

Now I’m thinking they just hope the story gets swept under the rug as shootings of black folks often do, and that it doesn’t have too much affect on next year’s freshman enrollment.

Still you would think the counselors would at least push to have an assembly to inform students on the importance of their lives and making good decisions.
13494217, Sounds like he was a forgotten student
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-08-23 06:12 PM
13494402, RE: Sounds like he was a forgotten student
Posted by 3CardMolly, Sun Nov-12-23 11:11 AM
Definitely forgotten by the school system but thankfully his peers have not.

13494218, my wife and her MIL beefing again
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-08-23 06:28 PM
every time it gets close to the holidays they get fucking weird

this time my wife decided to remove herself from a nee family group thread her mom made because she added her sisters new new white husband who is SEVENTEEN years her junior to it.. lol.

I actually think my wife is in the wrong for thinking her opinion on this new white dude matters.

but her mom said if she left the group she was no longer family which is just dumb

mother/daughter relationships are so fucking toxic. I grew up with 2 older sisters so I’m a vet at this shit.

13494422, Going off what you wrote, I agree with your wife
Posted by flipnile, Mon Nov-13-23 12:46 PM
Seems like she does not want to interact with that dude, and she's willing to cut off anyone that tries to get her to. I'm the same way, so of course I'd agree with that, lol.

Also, what kinda dude marries a woman 17 years older than him? Unless he's gunning to be on her multi-million dollar plus will, I don't understand.
13494279, Gave up herb, now be having movie-type dreams
Posted by flipnile, Thu Nov-09-23 01:05 PM
Long-ass evolving dreams with plots, subplots, continuity and all that. Weed really does fuck-up the REM sleep. No nightmares so far, fortunately, tho that 'Philly Favelas' dream I had was kinda interesting.

For some reason, I'm also sleeping more and falling asleep much easier. Like, if I lay down now I'm OUT.
13494288, Why'd you give up weed? I'm curious.
Posted by spades, Thu Nov-09-23 01:34 PM
13494299, Started as a tolerance break...
Posted by flipnile, Thu Nov-09-23 04:12 PM
...realized I didn't like that groggy head feeling that I get from smoking bud. I've taken a few T-breaks over the years, but I guess it's being older that made this one feel different. I thought I'd have more energy, but really I just feel more alert now when I'm awake.

Then there is the vanity aspect. I look better when not smoking, with no red eyes or bags. Been only 45 days, but I'm seeing my lips starting to lighten-up a bit.

Finally, there's the health aspect. I don't like smoking anymore. Before I stopped it was increasingly irritating my throat and lungs. I'm mid-40s, so I'm trying to build some new healthy habits so I'm not falling apart too much in my 50s & 60s. I was already considering switching to just edibles before I stopped anyway.
13494385, being faculty at columbia at this time is complete trash
Posted by akon, Sat Nov-11-23 05:14 PM
i mean...
its been scandal after scandal, yes
but holyshitthisisbasura
13494403, RE: being faculty at columbia at this time is complete trash
Posted by 3CardMolly, Sun Nov-12-23 11:13 AM
Uh oh, which Columbia? Chicago?
13494410, new york.
Posted by akon, Sun Nov-12-23 05:21 PM
13494413, What happened?
Posted by luminous, Sun Nov-12-23 06:40 PM
I saw some ads in the train station
13494423, from google:
Posted by flipnile, Mon Nov-13-23 12:50 PM
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/06/us/columbia-university-us-news-rankings.html
https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/22/opinions/columbia-ranking-inaccurate-data-thaddeus/index.html
https://www.propublica.org/article/columbia-obgyn-sexually-assaulted-patients-for-20-years
13494425, RE: from google:
Posted by 3CardMolly, Mon Nov-13-23 01:49 PM
Good for Prof. Thaddeus for taking one for the team.
13494533, In Columbia's defense...
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Nov-15-23 12:23 PM
I wish his efforts were a part of a coordinated effort to show all the schools in the top 10 are lying. Have to start somewhere I guess.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

13494729, its really multiple things; this year oof
Posted by akon, Fri Nov-17-23 06:36 PM
the gynaecologist scandal - and how we buried it
how we are responsible for the poor reading standards across schools by getting rid for phonics - there's an entire podcast. we've failed students.
and being on this campus during this gaza siege. just off.

13494520, yo!
Posted by spades, Wed Nov-15-23 11:33 AM
What an accomplishment.

You buried the lead.
13494730, thanks! im in my second year. im not even sure academia is for me, lol
Posted by akon, Fri Nov-17-23 06:36 PM
13494524, I can not understand why the school kept defending that gynecologist.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Nov-15-23 11:45 AM
Makes no sense at all to me.

13494541, damn. my gynecologist is with colombia doctors
Posted by luminous, Wed Nov-15-23 01:11 PM
but the office is all female doctors. this is probably why...
13494542, I was about to say, you might be entitled to some dough....
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Nov-15-23 01:23 PM
We just happened to be at NYU but it could have easily been Columbia. It's all around the time my wife was pregnant and in new york.

13498719, lady!!! hit me up, it's been too long!
Posted by GirlChild, Tue Feb-06-24 04:10 PM
13494525, It always baffles me when people refuse to change but then hate the
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Nov-15-23 11:47 AM
results they keep getting.

13494532, The disconnect might come from believing that other people have the...
Posted by flipnile, Wed Nov-15-23 12:22 PM
...ability or willingness to think through things like you do, and that their emotions and perception of the world is similar.

Personally, I've accepted that I do not understand most other people, and probably can't.
13494550, The ability/willingness to change what you don't like
Posted by spades, Wed Nov-15-23 02:47 PM
is far rarer than most think.
13494609, old gig called and asked me what I wanted in order to come back
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Nov-16-23 11:30 AM
I told them, shall see if they agree to it.

and just found out the guy I can't stand has been immediately placed on medical leave for 3 weeks after getting written up again.

if karma exist, this guy is getting it.

13494619, This is a dream scenario
Posted by spades, Thu Nov-16-23 12:22 PM
Second only to an ex calling you up on some "Baby, baby, please!"

I'm pulling for you, fam.
13494625, no doubt.. trying to level up!
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Nov-16-23 01:42 PM
13494627, claim it, as my mother would say.
Posted by spades, Thu Nov-16-23 02:34 PM
You got this fam.
13495744, I got played. Just got offered my same gig
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Dec-12-23 01:10 PM
haven’t given an answer yet.

the caucasity.

Wife and I are crunching numbers to see if we can live off one salary for a few months.

I hate not having steady income but at the same time..

man, ionno.

13495746, You left your new gig to go back to the old one?
Posted by flipnile, Tue Dec-12-23 01:31 PM
13495750, nah, I been job hunting for 3 months and haven’t landed anything yet
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Dec-12-23 02:16 PM
my old gig reached out a month ago and we have been going back and forth.

I been doing side gigs but not enough to say fuck you

but I haven’t accepted the offer yet.

13494613, .
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Nov-16-23 11:46 AM
13494903, My cousin is in a damn cult!
Posted by SuiteLady, Tue Nov-21-23 08:21 PM
Lord help her kids.
13494975, I have been googling some of the stuff she says and it sounds
Posted by SuiteLady, Wed Nov-22-23 11:15 PM
sovereign citizen adjacent with black empowerment angle to it ... I am not sure but I can see this turning out poorly for her and the kids. I am not on Facebook or any of the socials so I have no clue what is going on here beyond what I can find from google.
13495036, what changes has she made so far?
Posted by 3CardMolly, Sun Nov-26-23 12:50 PM
And how are her kids taking it?
13495053, Islam? Xtianity? J Witness? Mormon? Scientology? Personality?
Posted by rdhull, Sun Nov-26-23 11:25 PM
>Lord help her kids.
13495672, I think it is Moorish Sovereign Citizens but I am not sure.
Posted by SuiteLady, Fri Dec-08-23 05:18 PM
13495675, Lmao I recently went down the SovCit YouTube rabbit hole
Posted by Cold Truth, Fri Dec-08-23 09:25 PM
The most common issue seems to be car impounds for a lack of driver’s licenses, insurance, and registration, followed by arrests and court dates.

Their defense is always, “I wasn’t driving, I was traveling”.

It makes for great, meaningless YouTube fodder.

I’m not sure what they actually get out of it though.
13495905, Call me a hater but these organizations seem to make good hiding places
Posted by The Bobblehead Man, Sat Dec-16-23 09:28 PM
for domineering horndog brothers. What does the leadership structure of this organization look like? Any women near, or at the top? I think that's a decent gauge of how problematic things may get.
13496153, This is pretty-much *every* cult:
Posted by flipnile, Wed Dec-27-23 12:21 PM
>Call me a hater but these organizations seem to make good hiding places
>for domineering horndog brothers.

There might be a few exceptions, but the majority of cults (of any race or ethnicity) seem to follow the above pattern.
13496090, Is she trying to squat in someones home
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Dec-22-23 12:02 PM
or refusing to have state issued ID?

I’ve seen a few videos of people who have 2 inches of paper work who refuse to give identification.
13495671, I am hyped to see Badu Bring Sexy Back
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Fri Dec-08-23 05:04 PM
She had been doing the bag lady look for the last few years but lately she has been showing folks she still got it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0Me5fAOOdy/

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0JFrt2I_LR/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=adfccac3-5cd2-4624-b46c-18e58e06e5b7

13495709, Dude I'm afraid of hitting with my car....
Posted by handle, Mon Dec-11-23 10:58 AM
Well another car just *barely* missed him last night, and I was about 6 cars back.

It was dark outside. Dude is dark-ish and wearing dark clothes. He's on one of the busiest streets and a giant intersection.

And apparently, he's in the road.

Breaks squealing, everyone gets jammed up.

I don't know how close it was because I'm like six cars back, but I had to stop pretty quickly.

Good news: He does not get hit and is able to make it to the sidewalk.

I see him as I drive by and he's completely unaware or unconcerned.

Someone's going to hit him eventually, not sure what to do.

Should I accost him like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMtcHinRWi8 ?

13495727, I see more and more homeless people walking into traffic
Posted by Mynoriti, Tue Dec-12-23 02:38 AM
dunno what your guy's deal was but I feel like like I'm seeing this every couple weeks.

Either randomly crossing in high speed traffic like they could care less if they get hit, or actively confronting cars. Last time was a few days ago. Dude had a palm tree branch and was swinging at us
13495897, Dude's not homeless (but we have homeless here too)
Posted by handle, Sat Dec-16-23 01:07 AM
Dude is either eccentric or maybe on disability. He's clean and dresses sharp. He's just always in the road.

The homeless around here stay out of the street in 99% of the cases - but sometimes they cross slowly just to make sure they haven't turned invisible.

Most of the time people look away form the homeless - I'll bet it makes you feel invisible and unseen being homeless and no one talking or looking at you. Sometimes stopping traffic might be what you need to do.
13495894, i have a friend that is crazy
Posted by luminous, Fri Dec-15-23 03:42 PM
fyi, she's white. she's very crazy when it comes to relationships...
she is currently dating a Black guy. i haven't met him yet, but she wants me to meet him.

should i warn him somehow that she is crazy? or is this not my problem? normally i don't care, but he's Black so I do care a little.

what I have witnessed from her already: stalking at 4am in the morning, accusations of rape, pregnancy scares (at 45 yrs old!!! LOL!), and other random craziness. it's so crazy i won't leave her alone with my husband, because I know she would try something.
13495900, why are you friends with someone you can’t trust around your husband?
Posted by legsdiamond, Sat Dec-16-23 01:13 PM
that’s wild.

13495902, We just go to bars together
Posted by luminous, Sat Dec-16-23 02:05 PM
And she entertains me with her crazy stories. She's not my peoples.

She's always asking to do double dates and I'm like sure. Too bad my husband is always busy.... LOL!

Recently she asked if it was wrong to meet her ex boyfriend's parents for dinner. They broke up a month ago. She cheated on him with current guy. Do I think her current boyfriend would be mad. Of course her ex won't be there. She can't help it if her ex's parents still love her.

LOL! She's a mess... Never ceases to amaze me...
13495903, she sounds down right evil
Posted by legsdiamond, Sat Dec-16-23 02:49 PM
breakfast with the ex parents
13496088, Met him last night and I warned him
Posted by luminous, Fri Dec-22-23 11:12 AM
So I have absolved myself of any responsibility. He also acknowledged she is crazy in front of her... in a jokey way at least.

And we even discussed Jonathan Majors and the risk of dating crazy white women... LOL! So he seems aware. I guess he just doesn't care... *Kanye Shrug*
13496089, some Black men like white p more than their mental and physical health
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Dec-22-23 11:55 AM
and a Black woman telling a Black man to protect himself from a white woman is predictable.

He prolly threw you under the bus as soon as they left.

they had you for dessert. lol

13496101, facts lmao
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Fri Dec-22-23 10:18 PM
13496094, Black dude probably thinking you trying to be his Meagan Goode
Posted by flipnile, Fri Dec-22-23 12:15 PM
Don't be shocked when he hit you up one day talking about "you were right... so, what you doing?"

lol, something kinda similar happened to me back in the AOL chat days.
13496099, I knew a white girl named Meagan in HS
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Dec-22-23 03:56 PM
tangent. Dont think I ever knew a Black woman named Meagan or Emily.

anyway, Meagan was supposed to hook me up with Melissa who was mixed and went to a private school. Used to only see her like once or twice a summer solstice so I was pressed. Even broke up with my GF to get at her.

Long story short, Meagan started catching feelings and cock blocked me anytime I tried to link up with Melissa. They were best friends.

Flash forward 15 years later and I cone home with my wife and walk in my dads house at midnight and who is on the couch smoking weed with my dad? Melissa!!!

wife was not happy.

Melissa asked for 3 hugs before she left. I asked her where is Meagan and finally she snaps at me. Meagan slept with my husband. Fuck that bitch.

Seeing the name Meagan and the whole Black white thing gave me flashbacks.
13496139, Met this random girl in an AOL chatroom back in 99/00...
Posted by flipnile, Tue Dec-26-23 02:35 PM
She seemed cool, got her phone number, exchanged those low-resolution or scanned pics that we had at the time. White girl. Hard to see what she really looked like in the pic, but whatever. She'd call me, we'd talk, one day she calls me from her friends' apartment, a black girl. Even put her on the phone. We talked, she seemed cool too. At this point it had only been a week or so since I met her online, hadn't met in person yet.

Seemed like a day or two later I get a call from the black girl talking about "hey, have you actually SEEN what (white girl) looks like?" I tell her only a blurry pic, she makes it seem like she's hard on the eyes, then goes right at me on some "Well, I look good tho... what's up with you?"

Kinda anti-climatic in the end tho. I switched my attention to the black girl, but she had a young kid (like still a baby), and was having issues with her apartment, so I moved on to other chicks I'd met at the time that didn't have so many red flags.
13496154, lmao.. similar ending to my previous story
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Dec-27-23 12:34 PM
so.. this was HS when I tried to get at the mixed girl. It didn’t work out. So I started fake dating this Italian girl. Then I went to Park Slope for the summer and came back with chew sticks and Blackness on 100.

Italian girl kept calling but knew she couldn’t knock on my door because moms and my sister were not having it. She gets ANOTHER mixed girl with the MC Lyte hair cut to come knock no my door and tells me ole girl is around the corner.

Why she do that?

I was like “nah, I aint feeling her but WHO ARE YOU??? Lemme get YOUR number??!?

How you gonna get someone finer that you to come to my door?

Dated that girl for a while too.

13496174, can I make a confession about the lack of new confession threads?
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Dec-27-23 03:00 PM
can someone else make them now that dude is offline? lol
13496181, no.
Posted by CyrenYoung, Wed Dec-27-23 09:53 PM

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...
13496500, lol, and there's that!
Posted by spades, Thu Jan-04-24 03:49 PM
13498149, I sincerely thought they were auto generated lol
Posted by SuiteLady, Tue Jan-30-24 09:38 AM
13498151, LMAO
Posted by Dstl1, Tue Jan-30-24 09:44 AM
13496419, so the VP who fired me resigned today
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Jan-03-24 06:17 PM
I came back to my gig only under the condition I didn’t report to him

aint that some shit

13496420, GOOD. Fuck him.
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Jan-03-24 06:47 PM
13496437, dude was a fucking fraud
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Jan-04-24 06:55 AM
thanks for 2 months off with pay

13496438, LOL!
Posted by luminous, Thu Jan-04-24 07:39 AM
13496518, W
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jan-04-24 04:36 PM
13496519, cosign
Posted by spades, Thu Jan-04-24 04:38 PM
13496520, I hate working with White Women.
Posted by spades, Thu Jan-04-24 04:40 PM
It's not a racist thing, but in my experience, especially when you come in from the outside, they have a REAL hard time respecting superiors that look like me.

and I'm tired of pretending it's communication style, or culture clash. This recent joint, had a director telling me she thought she was 2nd in command.

She's a director
I'm the CFO
Then there's the CEO.

There is no COO

how in God's name did you think you outranked me?

smh

I hate it here.
13496529, Did she cry?
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Jan-04-24 05:34 PM
13496542, No but she and her work buddy have actively campaigned against me.
Posted by spades, Thu Jan-04-24 08:20 PM
I had to write one of them up to get them to back tf up off me.

Even then the CEO (another white women) let this shit go WAY too far.
13496585, Gotdamn.. you gotta fight cyborg Karen’s on steroids
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Jan-05-24 11:33 AM
13496530, My wife had to demote a white women recently.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Thu Jan-04-24 06:08 PM
Actually she wasn't demoted. A black guy who was her equal was promoted who was her equal. She cried like a baby. My wife is impervious to WWT but I told her to watch her back.

13496664, and they call us unprofessional.
Posted by spades, Fri Jan-05-24 08:10 PM
13497200, Brought my cat to TJ for surgery
Posted by handle, Tue Jan-16-24 11:59 AM
Cat fractured paw.

After $1400 in emergency vet visits in the U.S. they give estimate of $8k to amputate or $12k for surgery.

TJ vet (who has like 1,000 reviews on Reddit and Yelp) is doing it for $1,900.

The confession part is that it seems taboo to bring cat across the border.

Link to adorable picture of cat with a bandage: https://imgur.com/a/gj4pA46
13497203, Hope your cat makes a full recovery
Posted by flipnile, Tue Jan-16-24 01:23 PM
Is there a such thing as pet insurance? Gonna look into it for my cats.
13497205, there is but I beleive you still have to pay up front
Posted by Mynoriti, Tue Jan-16-24 01:31 PM
and insurance will reimburse you. not sure the percentage

>Is there a such thing as pet insurance? Gonna look into it
>for my cats.
13497204, speedy recovery ^-^
Posted by Mynoriti, Tue Jan-16-24 01:29 PM
it's so rough seeing your animal in pain
13498409, He's limping more so I brought him back to TJ
Posted by handle, Fri Feb-02-24 12:45 PM
They took an X-ray and it's all good, but needs another x-ray in two weeks, then possibly a minor surgery to remove a little of one of the plates depending on how everything heals.

My older, 17 pound cat, is chasing him - and rough housing because he doesn't like him and I've had to separate them at night and they both screech ALL NIGHT long and I can't sleep at all.

I'm hoping in 6 weeks that everything will be back to 'normal.'

Thank god I don't have kids - if one broke their arm I wouldn't be able to cope.
13497207, I want to move, but doesn’t make financial sense
Posted by Pamalama, Tue Jan-16-24 01:52 PM
I love my neighbors, but city/county is frustrating. I feel like Big Gipp where I’m tired of seeing so much fucking trash.

House will be paid off within 10 years, which is when I want to retire. If I move, that means with higher interest rates, higher mortgage and higher cost of living, I’ll have to work longer. I flip flop every week on what I’ll do.

13497208, I did those calulcations too and am similary frustrated
Posted by handle, Tue Jan-16-24 02:05 PM
Condo is PAID off and my property tax assessment is low, like based on $240,000.

So if I sell the condo, then take a BUNCH of money from savings (or a mortgage) to get a detached house I'll be assessed on the the full price of the new house, probably $800,000 or up. That's like $600 a month more than what I pay now.

Then, in my case, an $800,000 house is the lowest or the low-end of the market in San Diego, so it'll be more money for a very basic house - not a dream-home. (link to an $880k house on the *busiest* street in my area: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5356-Waring-Rd-San-Diego-CA-92120/17194274_zpid/ , and a $700k in a house in an area that's 'okay' but that I would not want to live in: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/9332-Pebble-Beach-Dr-Santee-CA-92071/16885955_zpid/)

Maybe focusing on money is the issue - maybe we should focus on happiness instead.

Because you might be able to hustle more money in the future, but your probably not going to be able to clean up the neighborhood/city/state/country.

(moneywise it makes 1000 times more sense for me to stay put.)
13497211, right now, staying put sound like the best idea
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Jan-16-24 02:55 PM
unless you are moving for a job

or somewhere cheaper

We are thinking about adding on to our house or renting this one out and buying another house.

Let me keep it real. We aint moving. We love the area and only have 6..5 years left on the mortgage.

13497213, And that’s exactly the thing…
Posted by Pamalama, Tue Jan-16-24 03:17 PM
We made moves to be pretty much debt free by the time we retired. It makes absolutely no financial sense whatsoever to move. I have a family member who chased happiness and l and leans heavily on us financially in their elder years. I see this a lot at work and with friends, which will likely keep us from moving , ‘cause we don’t want to do that to our kids.

But I can’t deny that the neighborhood is not the same and I don’t see it improving.

Guess we’re not moving to San Diego cause WTF!!! And I know that house isn’t as big as it looks in those pictures.
13497357, Sell the house.
Posted by spades, Wed Jan-17-24 11:17 PM
Buy something in Mazatlan, and work remotely.
13497415, I've concluded that the only way to really get what I want is more $$$
Posted by flipnile, Thu Jan-18-24 01:50 PM
Hoping one of these side projects/hustles takes off. Don't need millions, just a few hundred grand.

I'd consider downgrading on the house (square footage) if the neighborhood & yard space was really nice tho.
13498193, Wife and I have been having this same debate.
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Jan-30-24 02:09 PM
>Maybe focusing on money is the issue - maybe we should focus on happiness instead.

We can buy a very nice place within a 5 minute walk of her work, in the same relative area we've rented in and loved for the better part of a decade... or we can save 100K or so, move far away to an area we don't know, farther from our friends, buy a second car, and have her commute for 90 minutes to 2 hours every day.

End of the day, I'm not convinced the things we'd do by saving that money-- a nicer vacation every year, more in savings, etc.-- is worth the 8-10 hours every week in transit she'd spend and the distance from the people and places we love.

So we're going to try to tighten the belt buckle, I'll work a little harder, and we'll focus on the happiness spending more time together and having a lovely home in an area we love will bring.
13497877, Black woman in my office talks with mad vocal fry, and it bugs me out
Posted by flipnile, Thu Jan-25-24 04:00 PM
Be having me not trusting her. The valley girl accent is really throwing me off, especially since she claims she's from Philly. Too much "yeah" and "cool," as well as the upspeak.
13498847, I've determined that she's mad-Okayplayer-y
Posted by flipnile, Thu Feb-08-24 05:03 PM
Talking about taking rock climbing and pilates classes. She's probably ~10 years too young for this site tho.

She's cool tho.
13498068, wife wants me to agree to move if Trump wins
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Jan-29-24 02:16 PM
but I don’t think she has seriously thought about all it takes.

if we sold the house I’m sure we could do it.

But I doubt she is with selling the house.
13498080, We gonna talk about that other post or nah?
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Jan-29-24 03:50 PM

13498081, nope
Posted by luminous, Mon Jan-29-24 03:55 PM
13498083, If true.. and that is a big IF
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Jan-29-24 04:00 PM
it definitely explains why this board is a bit unstable

Mods need to be moderated

question: is he still a mod? This shit messy.
13498088, I mean the poster is the quickest to jump on those piles
Posted by Mynoriti, Mon Jan-29-24 04:54 PM
Thats not to say accusations shouldn't always be taken seriously but this is quite a thing to just put out there. Feels pretty reckless
13498095, what us common folk supposed to do about mod on mod slander?
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Jan-29-24 06:02 PM
13498116, whatever I think of you.
Posted by Rjcc, Mon Jan-29-24 08:54 PM
I think you are capable of reading dates and names.

you could use that capability, or you could make up fiction about whoever doing whatever.

what you do with the information is up to you.

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
13498119, 1. as mentioned below I read the fb comments after I posted this
Posted by Mynoriti, Mon Jan-29-24 09:29 PM
2. It felt like an odd way to go about this

Granted I don't personally know anyone involved, so perhaps instead of some type of announcement referencing her post you wanted it plain in her own words without editorializing or explaining why you're posting it. If that's your reasoning I do get that

13498121, that would be about it
Posted by Rjcc, Mon Jan-29-24 10:08 PM
I don't know what way of handling this that would be that wouldn't be odd, so I did what I could figure out.

13498122, fair enough
Posted by Mynoriti, Mon Jan-29-24 10:16 PM
13498089, Hope the proper security measures have been taken.
Posted by flipnile, Mon Jan-29-24 04:58 PM
13498094, that said its still up
Posted by Mynoriti, Mon Jan-29-24 06:02 PM
I came back fully expecting it to be gone , along with the comments in this post

which.is um..interesting
13498108, breh.. ole girl said she wasn’t shocked to learn this about him
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Jan-29-24 07:35 PM
which is wild.

FB comments seem to confirm dude been a POS to a few folks IRL.

either this is an organized hit or this nigga got some explaining to do.

but I ask again..

Is he still a mod?
13498109, yea I read the fb comments after I posted earlier
Posted by Mynoriti, Mon Jan-29-24 07:50 PM
it doesn't look good. I still don't get making an anchored post about it. It's a fb post not a court document

>but I ask again..
>
>Is he still a mod?

Yeah idk. I'm so used to comments like these being deleted quick. I remember when reeq got a time out for something minor, and any comment about it in CW got immediately removed, so right now guessing no lol
13498111, I figure it's more like a PSA than an FYI.
Posted by squeeg, Mon Jan-29-24 08:18 PM
>it doesn't look good. I still don't get making an anchored
>post about it. It's a fb post not a court document

To warn others about his behavior, in case anyone else here gets to know him in real life.

www.twitter.com/urkelmoedee
www.instagram.com/urkelmoedee
www.twitch.tv/urkelmoedee
www.mixcloud.com/returntozero
www.albumism.com/search?q=Marcus%20Willis
13498147, This
Posted by Dstl1, Tue Jan-30-24 09:27 AM
13498114, if someone in this community has hurt people
Posted by Rjcc, Mon Jan-29-24 08:50 PM
and is lying and stealing from people in this community

then people here should know.

>Is he still a mod?

afaik, his account does not have those abilities anymore.

it's just not something I have direct access to change/verify.

13498208, RE: if someone in this community has hurt people
Posted by mrhood75, Tue Jan-30-24 04:08 PM

>>Is he still a mod?
>
>afaik, his account does not have those abilities anymore.
>
>it's just not something I have direct access to
>change/verify.

FWIW, there's still an "OK" displayed on his user name. Usually when someone gives up/loses their mod status, that disappears.

Not that I have any f-ing inside knowledge of anything regarding this situation.
13498115, I assume you don't know Jill. I do.
Posted by Rjcc, Mon Jan-29-24 08:52 PM
I believe her.

I don't know why you wouldn't believe steph, considering they lived together and she hasn't posted here in years, and it's now obvious why.

I don't know why you wouldn't believe Kenny (Kay Dee) who basically pulled the people here together.

That would be a lot of doubt to have.

13498132, Did you really just "Gotta hear both sides" this?
Posted by FLUIDJ, Tue Jan-30-24 06:57 AM
c'mon folk...
13498137, you gotdamn right I did..
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Jan-30-24 08:37 AM
I aint calling anyone a liar

and don’t try to make me the villain in this shit.. I’m just a shocked bystander.

but at least try to read more to see shit in real time.

First post is IF after it first dropped. 127 gives more info after reading the FB comments.

Don’t be that guy fam.
13498161, lol..ease up...i'm just saying some shit you would say.
Posted by FLUIDJ, Tue Jan-30-24 10:50 AM

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
"Bury me by my Grand-Grand and when you can come follow me"
13498086, is this how it all ends
Posted by Mynoriti, Mon Jan-29-24 04:46 PM
13498117, I'm pretty sure it all ended a long time ago
Posted by Rjcc, Mon Jan-29-24 08:57 PM

13498123, I feel like this place is dead. Why are we still using this CW thread?
Posted by SuiteLady, Mon Jan-29-24 11:10 PM
What happened to the new one every week? Add that to the fact the no one is touching that post AND other things ... I shed a tear but, next cert error and it will all be over.
13498131, #92. Now I wonder if this is an OKP rule or a Cyren rule
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Jan-30-24 06:33 AM
but you are correct about the cert.

and I wonder if this means we can create more post that don’t get yanked because dude was a bit of an asshole when it came making new threads in OKS.

13498135, One way to find out
Posted by Lurkmode, Tue Jan-30-24 07:25 AM

Tomorrow is Wed
13498136, make a new one
Posted by Rjcc, Tue Jan-30-24 08:34 AM

13498199, losing certs in between people's couch cushions
Posted by Mynoriti, Tue Jan-30-24 02:53 PM
Ayy I got u guys it should be fixed within the hour... ooh a quarter
13498140, I THINK the right thing was done. According to the Facebook thread it's
Posted by The Bobblehead Man, Tue Jan-30-24 08:49 AM
not the first incident he's had with someone he has befriended on the boards. So in order to keep him from using OKP backchannels for support after the latest falling out...

Allegedly he's been logging on here to play holier than thou from different women's couches for the last few years. Yikes.
13498152, yeah, this part is wild
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Jan-30-24 09:46 AM

>Allegedly he's been logging on here to play holier than thou
>from different women's couches for the last few years.
>Yikes.

lmao.. right? According to multiple sources dude been way too invested in moderating OKP for FREE instead of working and helping pay rent.

Log off and get yo shit in order.

13498168, He could have started a youtube channel for high value mods.
Posted by The Bobblehead Man, Tue Jan-30-24 11:09 AM
>
>>Allegedly he's been logging on here to play holier than thou
>>from different women's couches for the last few years.
>>Yikes.
>
>lmao.. right? According to multiple sources dude been way too
>invested in moderating OKP for FREE instead of working and
>helping pay rent.
>
>Log off and get yo shit in order.
>
>

13498186, daaamn
Posted by Mynoriti, Tue Jan-30-24 01:36 PM
>>Allegedly he's been logging on here to play holier than thou
>>from different women's couches for the last few years.
>>Yikes.
13498653, That last line.
Posted by 3CardMolly, Mon Feb-05-24 09:32 PM
13498204, Real talk. This man was abusing a woman in front of her son
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Jan-30-24 03:30 PM
that shit is a serious problem.
13498235, n words cast aspersions on my name for decades
Posted by Binlahab, Tue Jan-30-24 09:29 PM
lo and behold...they bums.

i may be a lot

but i have never stolen from a friend.

never crashed out and used someone if anything I got used

never laid hands on not one woman

etc

let the boards tell it im pure evil tho

very interesting.

chickens coming home to roost like a mfer

on sabbatical.

does it really matter?

wonder what bin's doing?
http://i.imgur.com/phECCMp.jpg
13498359, I still have a touch of the petty in me
Posted by Raina, Thu Feb-01-24 03:17 PM
but I just peep how life has defeated all naysayers in ways that I would not be able to compete. I pray for them in between laughter.

my record player is cute, but it's trash in sound quality.I only paid $75 and it matches my decor really well so I'm not trying to get rid of it. I must find a way to switch from receiver to transmitter so I can upgrade to better speakers. called myself looking for RCA ports on the back before I bought it but they're RCA IN instead of OUT. What the fuck am I going to run into these speakers, an iPad?

There are a couple of bridges I do want to repair but I know things are too far gone.

c'est la vie
s'il la gare
13498362, Who gonna start making the new **CW** posts next Wednesday?
Posted by flipnile, Thu Feb-01-24 03:29 PM
13498473, Man
Posted by spades, Fri Feb-02-24 10:58 PM
I hope they all get better, but in particular, I hope ole girl and her son heal COMPLETELY from this.

Fuck

I really thought we were all trying to get better.

Y'all be good.
13498557, We gonna talk about that OTHA post from the weekend or nah?
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Feb-05-24 08:26 AM

13498562, someone trolling or needs to see a doctor
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Feb-05-24 09:49 AM
13498571, I think too specific and detailed to be trolling.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Feb-05-24 10:50 AM

13498580, maybe but the gay spirit sex was a bit of a reach
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Feb-05-24 11:34 AM
13498600, Reads like a hullicination.
Posted by Cold Truth, Mon Feb-05-24 01:36 PM
And they should definitely start with a mental health professional before looking for cosigns from their circle.
13498622, Yeah I didn't think responding "you need to seek a professional"
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Feb-05-24 03:22 PM
would have done anything other than shut homey down.

13498621, It's no longer up?
Posted by makaveli, Mon Feb-05-24 03:20 PM
13498591, Nevermind, found it
Posted by Cold Truth, Mon Feb-05-24 12:46 PM
Nah lol
13498594, .
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Feb-05-24 01:11 PM

13498599, oh that one
Posted by Mynoriti, Mon Feb-05-24 01:34 PM
I kinda just skimmed it and moved on lol
13498610, Shit.. I was on the edge of my seat
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Feb-05-24 02:41 PM
I actually wanted to see where it was going, I was hooked

Thought they were gonna say they woke up soar or some shit.. lol.

We need a healin’
13498602, Schizophrenia is a disease - not a moral weakness
Posted by handle, Mon Feb-05-24 01:42 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia

It could be very treatable - it happens to *a lot* of folks. Nothing to be ashamed of.
13498672, took me a sec to figure this out.
Posted by Rjcc, Tue Feb-06-24 08:48 AM

13498763, I really don't think the Boards are misogynistic
Posted by spades, Wed Feb-07-24 05:33 PM
and it bothers me when folks assert that they are.

Are some of us here misogynistic, almost certainly - that being said us AS A WHOLE?

I just don't see it.

Now of course, this is how things like misogyny, racism, etc operate - I'm not SUPPOSED to see it. The idea that a place I have spent a not insignificant portion of my life is a net negative in the world and I can't even comprehend it is fucked up.

That bothers me too.

:/

13498779, it got to a point where any disagreement or different opinion
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Feb-07-24 09:40 PM
with a woman was viewed as misogyny.

13498824, been away for too long so I can't say
Posted by Dr Claw, Thu Feb-08-24 12:41 PM
GD was where the women actually posted. I think at one point the boards descended into something unlike "SOHH" but with the advent of other social media taking off and then becoming enpoopified, things chilled out for a minute.

honestly if you look back to the "golden age" shit was way more wild in that regard than the aforementioned "SOHH" era. but there was far more participation on the boards then too.
13498863, people get older and look back through that rear view
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Feb-09-24 08:20 AM
so I get it.

13498858, anybody talking about the Drake pic leak?
Posted by luminous, Thu Feb-08-24 10:09 PM