Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI actually lowkey respect that C71 does that lol; lots of poetic gems
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13490519&mesg_id=13490551
13490551, I actually lowkey respect that C71 does that lol; lots of poetic gems
Posted by kfine, Mon Aug-28-23 03:01 PM

to be found in there if one's in the mood for it.

I'll poke around once in a while; it was a dope lil community. I love how sweet and affirming everyone was to each other with their feedback.

I think freestyle board and the lesson are probably the most uniquely special (and least embarassing lol) countercultural spaces to be found on okp, historically speaking. There don't seem to have been many serious equivalents, especially from that era.

Even if we compare to reddit, which began a half-decade later than okp: from a quick search I see the freestyle sub there seems mostly dedicated to audios, and the poetry sub is mostly people posting others' published pieces not their own.

I think we might take for granted sometimes that something meaningful was built here. If or when okp goes, I hope it gets archived properly so it can be studied and rightfully included in discussions of social media's evolution (especially for Black people).