Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI appreciate this reply
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13490370&mesg_id=13490673
13490673, I appreciate this reply
Posted by Hitokiri, Wed Aug-30-23 03:17 PM
But I push back on a few things... the "realistic" aspect. We have to make other things realistic. We have to. There was that post about the republican party splintering... and I for one, hope it fucking does. Because, fuck them, they should never win another election, but also because that would allow the democratic party to do the same, so we can actually get some parties that represent the will of the people. That aren't beholden to corporate interests, that aren't pro-war, that are actually pro-people.

And I think that there is benefit to Cornell running. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's a serious candidate, and he obviously has no chance to win, but him being there is beneficial in that he can pull the conversation left. Bernie, did the same thing. Without the threat of Bernie, does Biden adopt the progressive stances he's taken on some things? I don't think so. So if we have more voices making Democrats respond to those sorts of leftist ideas, we can begin to drag that worthless party left.

We know the system was designed this to be this way. We know that we have "two options." And we know that neither of those options is what we want. We have to make other things possible.