Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subject27% of USA men ages 18-30
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13486864&mesg_id=13486948
13486948, 27% of USA men ages 18-30
Posted by fif, Tue Jun-20-23 04:20 PM
haven't had sex as adults.

these graphs show: https://imgur.com/a/REt6s1E

things are not going well for a lot of people. people are losing togetherness recipes. you see it on every level: families, friendships, romantic relationships, strangers in a city, national politics..and so on.

my take (basically): the smartphone simulates connection but has actually driven people apart from one another. texting with a friend vs talking on the phone for 15 min. one transmits way more meaning, actually forges bonds. online interaction is mostly a sham. falling in love, laughing with friends, getting to know anyone--all these are better done in person (or at least a phone call where u talk spontaneously). we've moved away from that and an alarming number of the young people born into the smartphone world are not doing well. suicide, self-harm, isolation are on the rise.

religious participation has been declining in america (i know there are exceptions) since wwii. religion wasn't just about the word of god in the good book. it was the center of folks' social world. it was community. secular attempts to replace this have not been successful.

many of them have been weird, sending all sorts of mixed messages. so kids are raised into a world with no ideology to follow that will lead them down a path to prosperity, happiness, a circle of love around them and such.

hm just rambling here, my point is that it is not generally acknowledged that we are in bad shape as a nation when it comes to getting along with one another.

people like to blame the other side politically. but it's both sides that are fucked up because both sides have phones/internet and suffer from the confusion, false connection, negative feelings they drum up in so many