Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subject** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13485051
13485051, ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **
Posted by Geah, Wed May-24-23 12:12 PM
Zzz
13485094, Impostor Syndrome is real.
Posted by spades, Wed May-24-23 04:04 PM
I'm doing all the things I should be in my new role, yet I still feel like I'm fucking up.

Admittedly, somethings could be quicker, but honestly, I'm cleaning up a year's long mess I did not create.

I have every reason and excuse, but still, it ain't perfect, and so...

I'm feeling a little vulnerable, professionally speaking.
13485137, You got this, bro. You ain't make it this far without being talented.
Posted by flipnile, Thu May-25-23 11:52 AM
13485142, I hate hearing people say their school didn’t teach them that.
Posted by SuiteLady, Thu May-25-23 12:07 PM
Now I know that our public school system has its problems, but my cousin claims she didn’t know Niagara Falls spans two countries, because “they didn’t teach her that in school.” Most of the people who I hear saying that line about not being taught something in school I already know didn’t take school as a priority K through 12 and furthermore, we are grown. There’s some stuff that you should just know from being a grown human being in this country.

Now, if somebody goes, “my school didn’t teach us that” and they talking about Arabic, that makes sense. Then you go oh, what did your school offer? And they probably would go “well we had Spanish and French, but they didn’t offer Arabic classes.” That makes sense to me. But not knowing what the Hoover Dam is or where Niagara Falls is this is ridiculous.

I also think my cousin is getting involved in a cult, which scares me because she has two children under the age of 10, so a lot of the time I listen to her nonsense without judgment, because I’m trying to keep the line communication open specifically for those kids.
13485143, I can see absolutely no reason to ever utter that phrase.
Posted by spades, Thu May-25-23 12:24 PM
What does that buy you?
13485144, She isn’t the only one I have heard it from.
Posted by SuiteLady, Thu May-25-23 12:35 PM
13485153, sheeit. I utter it all the time when talking about Black History
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu May-25-23 02:20 PM
all we were taught is slavery and George Washington Carter and the peanut

I remember at afterschool program a woman came in and gave us a test about Black inventors.

We were mad as shit.
13485154, She's being honest in that she doesn't learn stuff unless she has to
Posted by flipnile, Thu May-25-23 02:34 PM
Of course she'll get deeply offended and emotional if you point this out to her, but it is what it is.

*many* people in America are like this.

*MANY*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVdvd8EHMDo