Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI only play Blackjack for the most part, here's my tip process:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13484908&mesg_id=13484983
13484983, I only play Blackjack for the most part, here's my tip process:
Posted by Oak27, Tue May-23-23 11:00 AM
- I don't tip every win, that's lunacy. We're talking 50-75 hands per hour (possibly more if it's just me and maybe another player at the table), if I win even 40% of those hands I'm giving a LOT of money back.

- I tip after BIG wins. If I split more than once or split and double and I win all the hands, hell yeah. I tend to play table minimums, so $15 hands. If I have a hand that nets me a $45 dollar profit or so I'll toss a $5 to the dealer (or ask if they want to play, in which case I get my tip in $1s and let them play the next 5 hands with me)

- There's only 6/5 BJ around me, so if I hit a BJ I give the extra to the dealer (for example if it's a $15 hand a BJ pays $18, the dealer gets the $3 or plays the next 3 hands with me).

- When I leave the table if I'm up a dealer is getting a cut of it. I had a hot streak a few weekends ago and left the table up $425. $25 went to the dealer (on top of the tips paid throughout the session). I'll usually just leave the "change" for the dealer regardless, win or lose.

I want to add that Craps "dealers" (?what are they technically called?) have the hardest job on the floor and if you are playing you BETTER be taking care of them, and frequently. BJ is one thing, they are dealing cards and basically keeping track of totals and whether their total > your total, but craps dealers are hearing a dozen things at a time from several directions, getting a lot of action/bets taken care of in a small amount of time before the next roll and keeping track of whose money is where and who is owed what.