Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectTell me about Niagara Falls
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13483302
13483302, Tell me about Niagara Falls
Posted by SuiteLady, Sat Apr-22-23 08:44 AM
US and Canada sides please.

13483303, I only know an old joke my grandpa tells me about Niagara Falls
Posted by calij81, Sat Apr-22-23 09:08 AM
He grew up in Buffalo and apparently back in the day Niagara Falls was a popular honeymoon destination for newlywed couples.

Anyways, the joke goes that Niagara Falls is the second most disappointing thing a newlywed bride sees on her honeymoon.
13483304, Canada side: better views, US side: more options to get closer
Posted by DJR, Sat Apr-22-23 09:18 AM
That is what I’ve always heard anyways. I went as a little kid, but have only driven past on the way to Toronto as an adult.
13483309, this is pretty accurate. I was just there last summer
Posted by Damali, Sat Apr-22-23 10:41 AM
It's also best viewed at night, from the Canada side if you're just trying to see it straight on...they do colorful lights on it, as well.

But during the day, from either side, you can do the boat ride that takes you very close and you get all misty...its so worth it to do that at least once and its not very expensive..maybe like $12?

Also I know there used to be a walkway that goes behind the falls but I'm not sure if they still do that...that was like a decade ago

d

"i do more for both our communities than you'll ever know." - Heinz
"But rest assured, in my luxurious house built on the backs of people darker than me, I am sipping fine scotch and scoffing at how stupid you are." - bshelly
13483314, Please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you're used to
Posted by thegodcam, Sat Apr-22-23 12:20 PM
13483315, Haven’t been since I was a kid.
Posted by JFrost1117, Sat Apr-22-23 12:53 PM
The mist felt like someone is constantly talking and getting spittle on you.