Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecti hate how some democrats are saying its sexist to ask difi to resign
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13483110&mesg_id=13483117
13483117, i hate how some democrats are saying its sexist to ask difi to resign
Posted by Reeq, Thu Apr-20-23 09:06 AM
because male senators have been out for stretches and not been asked to step down.

but those male senators didnt singlehandedly fuck up an entire agenda...especially judicial nominations...which historically you only have a small window to usher as many as you can through until the other party wins that chamber.

they said the same when people said rgb should have retired and allowed obama to replace her (people did it to me on here).

its like these people have no concept of how important simple political strategy like blocking and tackling is to preserving our rights and our entire democracy.

theyre just programmed to default to emotional talking points that are really superficial in the grand scheme of things.

we are supposed to allow difi to essentially obstruct her own party like mitch mcconnell would because shes a woman? then what happens when all those judge seats are held open and repubs win the presidency/senate in 2024 and fill those seats with hard right judges who will further roll back womens rights for another generation at least?

shit is so frustrating. and i cant believe people are still doing this dumb shit after rbg and the swift consequences seen in the supreme court rulings.

difi isnt even running for re-election. shes already basically retired. whats the point of her hanging around if she isnt physically capable of doing her job (and was barely capable of doing her job before she got sick)?

wouldnt be surprised if this is her and her aides (who love the dc paycheck) sticking it to dems because they pressured her into retiring in the first place.