Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectDonald Glover hiring for Gilga - his multimedia company - OKP
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13482697
13482697, Donald Glover hiring for Gilga - his multimedia company - OKP
Posted by c71, Fri Apr-14-23 08:45 PM
Playery his thing up, y'all

Gilga.com

https://www.okayplayer.com/news/work-for-donald-glover.html

Here’s How You Can Potentially Work for Donald Glover

JAELANI TURNER-WILLIAMS

Jaelani Turner-Williams is a contributing news writer for Okayplayer

After describing his new multimedia company, Gilga, in a GQ profile, Donald Glover has opened up applications to fans.

Donald Glover wants fans on his Gilga team. On Sunday (April 9), the multihyphenate creator opened up the job portal for his new creative studio Gilga. Roles include ‘Acquisitions + Taste’ for applicants who specialize in learning the company’s “flavor and find other things like it,” along with two positions in AI services, ‘Conversational Marketing,’ ‘Concept Head’ and more.

In a promo video for the portal, Glover strolls at Gilga Farm with tangelos in-hand, telling applicants to “get to it” during the two-week job openings, before taking a bite out of a fruit and hurling at the end.

In his recent GQ profile, the artist also known as Childish Gambino explained his reasons for developing Gilga, which will release an upcoming short film created by Malia Obama, a co-writer on Swarm.

“Rich kids don’t do shit for money. They do things based on if it’s gonna make them happy. Like, that’s really what I realized this last go-around,” Glover said. “I made a lot of money, and it wasn’t that I was depressed or anything like that, but I realized it’s the people I was around that mattered. It’s the food I was able to eat. It’s the processes I was a part of that made me happy. People don’t get quality anymore and they need a filter. Gilga is a perfect filter for that shit.”

“Understanding somebody like Malia’s cachet means something,” added Fam Udeorji, creative partner at Gilga. “But we really wanted to make sure she could make what she wanted—even if it was a slow process.” He puts the Gilga mission this way: “It’s more about diversity of thought than just, like, diversity for optics. You know what I mean?”

13482770, No position descriptions, no qualification requirements, no salary ranges?
Posted by FLUIDJ, Mon Apr-17-23 05:36 AM
FOH Donald.
These. Skills. Ain't. Free.
13482793, Can't tell if the job is in LA or BK. SMH.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Apr-17-23 09:35 AM

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"
13482797, its probably basically aimed at college kids looking to get into that...
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Apr-17-23 09:47 AM
industry any way they can
13482796, RE: Donald Glover hiring for Gilga - his multimedia company - OKP
Posted by MEAT, Mon Apr-17-23 09:46 AM
>“Rich kids don’t do shit for money.

lol whatever nigga
13482799, so he wants rich kids? Is this his way of saying its unpaid
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Apr-17-23 10:00 AM
and all you get is snacks and vibes and shit?

13482802, Exposure!
Posted by MEAT, Mon Apr-17-23 10:27 AM
13482800, that last sentence is brilliant.
Posted by Brotha Sun, Mon Apr-17-23 10:21 AM
13482815, Sounds to me like if you claim in your video presentation that...
Posted by c71, Mon Apr-17-23 11:02 AM
...you have a lot going for you, THEN Donald Glover will off you something substantial...

But...

...he's giving Gen-Z a chance to "make their pitch" based on other things than the usual things that get a person a good corporate job.

Sounds like some of y'all are expecting to present yourselves for regular corporate jobs.

Edit: He also wants people who are excited about working with him - probably because you can see his brand/business growing in the future (potential) rather than a good salary RIGHT NOW.

If you're not thinking primarily about how much GILGA can expand in the future, he probably doesn't want you applying to work at Gilga.
13482821, Some of us see the same tools of exploitation being workshopped through
Posted by MEAT, Mon Apr-17-23 11:18 AM
New words with an artist that people trust because they like his end product
Meanwhile none of us here know his business get down
Its not as if he’s historically philanthropic
But we should give him the benefit of the doubt because he’s Black I guess
Meanwhile whatever happened to that Killer Mike bank
13482824, entertainment industry has always used free labor
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Apr-17-23 11:34 AM
and yes, some eventually get put on but so many work for free and never make that leap.