Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI mean how would it sound differently if she was legitimately regretful.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13481429&mesg_id=13481844
13481844, I mean how would it sound differently if she was legitimately regretful.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Apr-03-23 02:41 PM
I think there is a certain segment who will think he is an abuser regardless of what she said. So they were always going to read this as coded or read something into this.

If we were reading into subtext and deeper meaning, I could just as easily argue that his "Bye Felicia" response to her does not sound like a dude who knows he deeply fucked up.

Compare his response to Tori Lanes who knew he fucked up and was saying whatever he had to say to get both girls back on his team.

As a dude who has to have made many many drunken apologizing calls and texts, it don't look like this when you wake up the next day and assess the damage from the night before and go into damage control mode. She's the one who sounds like they are in damage control.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"